Home » xyzzy » Tower » Stem Cell Research?
Stem Cell Research? [message #55371] Mon, 17 July 2006 14:28 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Does anyone have the right to prevent the use of embryonic stem cells to create new weapons to fight horrific disease and genetic problems based upon their view of the world as told to them by some social group?

Re: Stem Cell Research? [message #55383 is a reply to message #55371] Thu, 20 July 2006 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Do you mean LEGAL right or ETHICAL right?
-akhilesh

Re: Stem Cell Research? [message #55385 is a reply to message #55383] Thu, 20 July 2006 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; if bush vetos the stem cell research appropriations and use bill then it would be considered a legal issue I guess. Morally you have no right to consign the sick and dying to further misery if there is any chance you can alleviate that suffering through research.
If a promising new therapy for the treatment of Parkinsons Disease that afflicts thousands and kills many is possible; then you have a moral obligation to persue that.

Re: Stem Cell Research? [message #55386 is a reply to message #55385] Thu, 20 July 2006 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
More useful medical researches...

Re: Stem Cell Research? [message #55387 is a reply to message #55386] Thu, 20 July 2006 16:54 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Last time I read about that they never produced anything of value in the medical field.
Now on the other hand; embryonic stem cells have already proven to be fertile ground for several promising therapuetic treatment modalities including a stage 3 trial treatment for Parkinsons. Since my dad is dying of that disease I take a particular interest in it.
If a disposed embryo could provide possible clues to solving the existing method of delivery of cells to the brain I would find and deliver plenty of them. Rather than watch them uselessly wasted as they are now.

Previous Topic: So; A Whole Six Years And The Only Veto Is Stem Cell Research
Next Topic: Arnold The Man!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 13:09:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout