Home » xyzzy » Tower » Sure looks like DeLay is innocent....
Sure looks like DeLay is innocent.... [message #54745] Tue, 18 October 2005 06:50 Go to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
See link...

Re:The motion is filed on Technical Grounds; not presumption of innocence [message #54747 is a reply to message #54745] Tue, 18 October 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
There's that reading agian.

Yeah, you really should learn how.. [message #54748 is a reply to message #54747] Tue, 18 October 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
to read.

The point is that he could have taken a misdemeanor and kept his job in congress. He turned it down for the second time. This sounds like someone who is innocent to me. We will see.

Re: Sure looks like DeLay is innocent.... [message #54749 is a reply to message #54745] Tue, 18 October 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I read the link. It gives me the impression they have something on the man and from the prosecutor’s standpoint, They’re just working on the best way prosecute.

Why would the prosecutor be offering an innocent man plea bargain if he’s innocent?

The DA in your town doesn’t just walk the streets offering innocent people plea bargains for fun does he.

Re: Sure looks like DeLay is innocent.... [message #54752 is a reply to message #54749] Tue, 18 October 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Actually it's the opposite of what your saying. If the prosecutor had good evidence on DeLay they wouldn't be offering a plea bargain. Plea bargains are offered when evidence is slim and the outcome of a trial could go either way. An exception to this would be because the courts are very busy and they just want to clear up the case load. It would be highly doubtful that they would do that with a high profile case like this.

Consider things from Delay's point of view. If he did something wrong and thought he would be convicted of it he would take the plea bargain. He could keep his job and all this would blow over. However he decided not to take the plea bargain and lose his position in congress. This is why I say it sounds like he is innocent. I am not saying he is innocent but that it looks like it. We well see.

Re: Sure looks like DeLay is innocent.... [message #54753 is a reply to message #54752] Tue, 18 October 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Actually, that's just what I'm saying.
They know he did something and are not sure how to make it stick. So they offer a plea.
If they thought he did nothing at all, actually, truely innocent. this would be a non conversation.

Re:The Indictment was just handed down so I guess we saw [message #54754 is a reply to message #54748] Tue, 18 October 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
nt

Re: Sure looks like DeLay is innocent.... [message #54756 is a reply to message #54753] Tue, 18 October 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Or one other option would be an over zealous prosecutor or judge. DeLay is a very effective leader and fund raiser for the Republicans. The Democrats would love to get him out of the picture. The same way they did with Newt G. As I said we will see.

What are you talking about... [message #54757 is a reply to message #54754] Tue, 18 October 2005 09:46 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Do you ever read a post? We are talking about DeLay turning down a plea bargain that would have allowed him to keep his position in congress.

Previous Topic: These guys should look into speaker cables
Next Topic: Miers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 03:12:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout