Home » xyzzy » Tower » Steam Engines
Steam Engines [message #54652] Wed, 12 October 2005 20:07 Go to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Anyone have any info on building a modern and hi efficient steam engine?

plans, ideas, how they compare to other engines.

Re: Steam Engines [message #54658 is a reply to message #54652] Thu, 13 October 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hey Bill; you can get a tax break for exploring antiquated steam technology; just apply for a grant.

Re: Steam Engines [message #54664 is a reply to message #54658] Thu, 13 October 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'll get my wife and an immigrant friend to start up a business. Then the gov could pay for the whole company!

On a serious note; check out this web site. This guy in Canada is working on this quasi turbine engine. Its basically a more efficient Wankel. Very few moving parts and better efficiency that the original Wankel.

Can burn gas, lp, diesel, just about anything or be used as steam power. I'm poking around looking for torque specs and hp per lbs of fuel burned.

Lots of info on the web site

Re: Steam Engines [message #54666 is a reply to message #54664] Thu, 13 October 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The wankel always seemed the way to go as it's more efficient and less friction. Always wondered why they never went anywhere; but what is the connection to steam?

Re: Steam Engines [message #54686 is a reply to message #54666] Thu, 13 October 2005 17:20 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It was my understanding the Wankel is very powerful with low rpm torque, but was not particularly fuel efficient. Admitadly I know little about the engine but am learning about it. The Otto engine is another strange one.

My connection with steam? I just like it. simple and easy to produce. low rpm torque and can be efficient with a good boiler. Quiet operation.
The quasiturbine connection to steam is the engine design can be set up as internal combustion or steam / hydrolic design. lots of different examples on their web site. I need to find some more info on this thing that isn't connected to themselves.

bill

Previous Topic: To ManualBlock and others interested in our tax debate...
Next Topic: Tax Rates by Income group pre and post Bush tax cuts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 01:20:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout