Home » xyzzy » Tower » So these are the things we know so far....
So these are the things we know so far.... [message #54625] Wed, 12 October 2005 06:18 Go to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
1) The Alternative Minimum Tax was created in 1978 when Carter was President and the Democrats controlled congress.

2) The top 50% of tax payers pay almost all the income tax taken in.

3) The top 5% pay 53% of all income tax taken in.

4) And the top 1% pay a bit over 32% of all income tax taken in by the IRS

5) The Bush tax cuts, when all taken into account, actually raise taxes on the rich and did not lower them.

Can we agree on these things?

What is left to determine is if the rich somehow through tax shelters etc. Are hiding a lot of their wealth. And that they are actually paying only 5%-8% of their income as Manual contends. While the lower tax brackets are paying a much high percentage of their income to taxes.

Re: So these are the things we know so far.... [message #54627 is a reply to message #54625] Wed, 12 October 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hey man give me some time here. You read one one page blog and suddenly you're an expert. It's hard work getting at the truth.

The next proof is that the wealthiest 10% pay less than they did ten years ago per capita and that the middle class under Bush pays more than the wealthiest 10%.

Funny how you disregard everything said up to this point and use your one suspect source as the final solution to the debate.
Sorry; do some research. If this is important to you get on the stick and find some facts. The Bush administration has been a dfisaster for the middle class and now:

Everyone out there reading this...There is a initiative under the Bush administration currently in discussion to cut the MORTGAGE DEDUCTION on YOUR house to a maximum of 300k allowable. Watch out guys; here goes your future down the drain. And your childrens legacy.

Re: So these are the things we know so far.... [message #54631 is a reply to message #54627] Wed, 12 October 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You say: "Hey man give me some time here. You read one one page blog and suddenly you're an expert. It's hard work getting at the truth."

No, I am no expert. Never said I was. That's why I looked it up. Turns out I was right. Now the US Treasury is a blog?

You say: "The next proof is that the wealthiest 10% pay less than they did ten years ago per capita and that the middle class under Bush pays more than the wealthiest 10%."

10 years ago Bush wasn't president. So if you want to prove Bush's tax cuts were for the rich then you can only go back to when Bush became President and signed into law the tax cuts. I think this was 2001. That said the site referenced clearly says that the wealthiest are paying more.

You say:"Funny how you disregard everything said up to this point and use your one suspect source as the final solution to the debate.
Sorry; do some research. If this is important to you get on the stick and find some facts. The Bush administration has been a dfisaster for the middle class and now: "

I have not disregarded any you've shown to be true. You have not shown anything to be true. Up until this point you have only stated numbers that you say came from the IRS site, but have not shown where on the site you got them and in what context. The "One suspect source" was basically suggested by you. You suggested the IRS as a good source. I found a site by the US treasury that summarized the info from the IRS. Before you were willing to accept the numbers. Could it be a "suspect source" now because your having trouble twisting the numbers? As far as Bush's administration being a disaster for the middle class. Saying something doesn't make it so.

You say: Everyone out there reading this...There is a initiative under the Bush administration currently in discussion to cut the MORTGAGE DEDUCTION on YOUR house to a maximum of 300k allowable. Watch out guys; here goes your future down the drain. And your childrens legacy.

What's all this? Let's stay on point.

Re: So these are the things we know so far.... [message #54633 is a reply to message #54631] Wed, 12 October 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
IRS.GOV Top Heading STATS. That should be all you need. Whats hard here?

Nothing hard here.... [message #54635 is a reply to message #54633] Wed, 12 October 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I already proved my point. I am not going to spend all day disproving yours. That's up to you.

Re: Nothing hard here.... [message #54638 is a reply to message #54635] Wed, 12 October 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Whats your point?

Re: Nothing hard here.... [message #54640 is a reply to message #54638] Wed, 12 October 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
1) The wealthiest are paying almost all of the taxes taken in. And are paying more than their fair share.

2) The Bush tax cuts hurt the rich and not helped them.

Re: Nothing hard here.... [message #54646 is a reply to message #54640] Wed, 12 October 2005 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
See if you can get anyone to stop laughing long enough to listen. Come on were just getting somewhere here; don't fade on me now. You must be a rich guy; thats the part I didn't get until now.

Re: Nothing hard here.... [message #54651 is a reply to message #54640] Wed, 12 October 2005 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

I found this while poking around the sites you guys are talking about.

1) yes I agree the wealthy will always pay more. the top 5% is just plain bigger than the other 95%. As for payiong more than the fair share. It looks like if you have a good accountant you pay less than just going by the numbers.

2) I found this link that does not agree.

Re: Nothing hard here.... [message #54656 is a reply to message #54651] Thu, 13 October 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi Bill,

There are many such sites on the web that will tell you anything you want to hear. See link below. But they have an agenda and are twisting the numbers. The site I provided was from the US Treasury. Even ManualBlock agreed with the numbers until he realized it wasn't fitting his agenda.

Previous Topic: Here's one
Next Topic: More Proof the rich are being screwed...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 02:14:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio