Home » xyzzy » Tower » Cindy Sheehan /Drudge the Sludge
Re: Beg to differ, but...... [message #54423 is a reply to message #54421] Mon, 15 August 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Perhaps.

Re: Beg to differ, but...... [message #54430 is a reply to message #54423] Mon, 15 August 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Allow me one thing that pisses me off. The fact that this womans son died in this war gives her protests a legitimacy that no amount of spin or hype can ever take away. The fact that there are people questioning her right to feel what she does is incomprehensible to me.

Re: Beg to differ, but...... [message #54433 is a reply to message #54430] Mon, 15 August 2005 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't think anyone is questioning her right to feel anything. But I think it is fair to judge her actions and maybe question her motives.

Re: Beg to differ, but...... [message #54435 is a reply to message #54421] Mon, 15 August 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Again, I am very sorry for her loss (and the rest of his family), but the fact is that this brave young man of legal age volunteered for the Armed Services. He was killed.

Cindy met with the President in 2004. She said what she had to say. She can say anything she wants, but don't come back a year later, with Mr. Moore at your side, and claim the President will not give you the time of day.

Like GW or not, he is the President of the United States. He was elected by a majority of the Electroial College. A majority of the populate backed his agenda. We will live with this agenda until the next election (GOOOOOOO, Hillary). You may not like the war, but the system of "Checks and Balances" is supposed to keep the President within his legal rights. If his legal bounds we not violated, then he has my blessing. We as Americans take the good with the bad.......Colin

Re: Beg to differ, but...... [message #54436 is a reply to message #54435] Mon, 15 August 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
There we differ my friend; the majority of the populace did not back his agenda. He was not even elected by the majority of the populace. The majority voted for Kerry in actual numerical count.
She came back a year later as a result of the death of her son; change of circumstance gives her another shot by my rules. And Moore did not start this, she did.
I don't know what the system of checks and balances has to do with the President invoking executive priveledge and going to war without the consent of Congress.
You guys are too young to remmember Vietnam or you might have a different take on this.
Lets return to the simple life and simple thoughts. Why are we there?
Does the concept of oil enter this picture for anyone; or is there a reason I am not aware of?

Re: Beg to differ, but...... [message #54438 is a reply to message #54433] Mon, 15 August 2005 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The concept of motive implies a gain or benefit. So what is the benefit to her of loosing her son?
Since rationally we can state that nothing on earth can replace a child; what is her objective, in the minds of those questioning her so-called motive?
Money? Naah.
Fame, can a woman be so callous that walks this earth? Before anyone assigns that motive be sure you have taken your meds today first.
Vengeance; possibly. I could accept that.
Anything else pop into anyones mind?

Re: Beg to differ, but...... [message #54440 is a reply to message #54436] Mon, 15 August 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Bush had more popular votes than Kerry (http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0922901.html) Gore had more popular voted than Bush. In either case, Bush had more Electorial votes. Bush won.

Our system is set up to allow the President the right of Executive Privilege. This is part of the package.

She met with Bush after her son's death (twice I believe) There has been no change of circumstances.

You're right about Vietnam. I don't remember. I was only two weeks old when my father was shipped to Vietnam for 4 tours.

I have never give my belief of why we are at war. The only things I've defended is the President's right to legally envoke his power; and, her son volunteered for the Army.

Have you ever read why he joined?.....Colin

PS, My friend, the coffee pot's always on for you.

Re: Beg to differ, but...... [message #54441 is a reply to message #54440] Mon, 15 August 2005 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Your dad did four tours? Thats four 12 month tours? He had to be special forces, no?

Re: Beg to differ, but...... [message #54442 is a reply to message #54441] Mon, 15 August 2005 17:39 Go to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
No special forces. ROTC. Seemed like a good way for a free education. He was also a DI when he came back......Colin

Previous Topic: Priory of Sion
Next Topic: Informal poll
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 08:12:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout