Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Scariest movie of all time
Scariest movie of all time [message #97118] Sun, 29 October 2023 14:02 Go to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Which horror show takes the number one spot on your list? Halloween seems to bring them all out for viewing on cable, but for me, it's not even a competition as to which one I'll bother to see. The original Exorcist creeped me out back when I was a kid, and it still gets to me today. My oldest boy saw it at a friend's house this past weekend, but he was barely fazed. Since it's not a high-tech CGI show, the story was largely uninteresting to him.
Re: Scariest movie of all time [message #97119 is a reply to message #97118] Sun, 29 October 2023 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Yeah that was an intense movie. I thought Max Von Sydow was superb. Movies back then really made all the talk when they came out. And people flocked to them. Doesn't seem to be quite the crowds these days.
The original Alien move really got my heart pounding with it's claustrophobic setting and a movie monster never before so terrifying.
Both movie held up real well.
Re: Scariest movie of all time [message #97149 is a reply to message #97118] Wed, 01 November 2023 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
The Exorcist is a little kooky, but it still freaked me out as a kid. So did the Chucky movies.

Rusty, it's been years since I've seen that show. What an intense film! From what I remember, the whole cast was amazing, but Sigourney Weaver really stole the show. I only enjoyed the original film, though.
Re: Scariest movie of all time [message #97223 is a reply to message #97118] Fri, 24 November 2023 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
My vote is for The Exorcist as well. For me, it was the realism that made the story stand out. The way it was done made it look like it actually happened, and that's the scariest prospect of all.
Re: Scariest movie of all time [message #97230 is a reply to message #97223] Sat, 25 November 2023 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I liked several but Alien seems to be among the best for scares.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Scariest movie of all time [message #97258 is a reply to message #97118] Thu, 07 December 2023 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
Yep. The Exorcist.

The only people who don't find it terrifying are the ones who don't like the dated look. You have to look past how it was made, and pay attention to the story and the acting.
Re: Scariest movie of all time [message #97260 is a reply to message #97258] Fri, 08 December 2023 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sort of a B-movie that I think made the A list. A remake of the 50's sci-fi classic, The Thing. For the time made, in the early 80's, a tour de force in special effects. Without the aid of CGI too prevalent today. Like the Alien movie, a claustrophobic setting with a paranoiac aspect of anyone could become, THE THING and look like they did before being taken over. Director John Carpenters, king of the B-horror genre best effort. He had a big budget and solid actors cast. It ranks up there for me.
Re: Scariest movie of all time [message #97277 is a reply to message #97118] Mon, 25 December 2023 15:50 Go to previous message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
Agree about The Exorcist. I'll also add The Omen to the mix and because of my age when I first saw them, The Shining and Frankenstein spooked me as well.
Previous Topic: Bosch
Next Topic: Alita: Battle Angel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:54:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout