Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Ned Carlson's new job!
Ned Carlson's new job! [message #9336] Sun, 13 November 2005 08:22 Go to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master

This is where Ned Carlson from Triode Electronics is suppose to have gone.
The link is under construction, but should be a great new source for vacuum tubes and related items with Uncle Ned at the helm.

I wish him well in his new venture and am looking forward to doing business with him in the future.

Norris Wilson

PS. I have no affiliation with this company or Ned Carlson other than having gained respect for him by being one of his happy customers over the past 17 years.

Re: Ned Carlson's new job! [message #9337 is a reply to message #9336] Sun, 13 November 2005 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
Hmmmm, I just spoke with Uncle Ned a while back on another forum's private messaging. He didn't mention another venture. Wow. I wish him the best of luck, as he's been a great dealer to do business with.

He offers some great stuff that would be more expensive and/or difficult to source elsewhere, like his replacement Dynaco iron. It would be much more expensive to have a one-off replacement made.

His contribution to DIY tube hobbyists is significant, especially with all the tube data posted on the Triode site for free.

Thermionic

Re: Ned Carlson's new job! [message #9338 is a reply to message #9337] Sun, 13 November 2005 18:48 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
Ned has some neat stuff. Considering what repro Iron costs, his Dynaco stuff is pretty nicely priced. It is good to see modern production on the old stuff still going on, especially when they are sooooo affordable compared to the hand made copies.

I think Ned was the first guy I bought tube gear parts from. I wish him luck with his new venture.
cheers,
Douglas

Previous Topic: Dressing up DIY projects
Next Topic: Mylar cap polarity - Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:23:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers