Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Say Douglas
Say Douglas [message #9286] Sun, 16 October 2005 07:11 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
This newsletter; will that be available to anyone who is interested?
I have some ideas about presentation if you want to hear them.
From the standpoint of a semi-novice there are some issues that would provide a great help in getting started on simple design/build issues that I would like to see.
As an example of what I mean I think the first issue should be the Amp/Pre-amp interface as well as the source/pre-amp interface.
Thats the kind of stuff I find to be very helpfull in understanding the whole picture.
Then the why's of transformer explained as a set of steps regarding electronic parameters and personal choices of same.
Is that something along the lines of what you had in mind or is that too basic?
Leave each lecture with a question that must be solved by the attendees or readers; then explain at the next lecture the how and why of the solution. I find that sort of interactive learning to be good.
There's more if you are interested. Thanks for listening.

that's excellent... [message #9287 is a reply to message #9286] Sun, 16 October 2005 08:01 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I think you have exactly captured the flavour I am trying to create. Those two topics will be quite enough. They are quite important, and speak to the reasons behind many of the design choices.

I will see about external release of the newsletter. I can't answer that one from here.

and now for the giggle of the day:
I woke before dawn, fixed my tea and retired to the basement to listen to music before it got light and the rest of the family woke up. My wife told our son I like Bluegrass when they got up and found me gooovin' out to some Jorma and Bela.

His question to me: do I like red, purple and pink grass as well?
cheers,
Douglas

Previous Topic: Need 15 watt plus SET design for DIY?
Next Topic: out of my way Flanders! I've got a class to teach!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:23:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio