Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Anyone here know how to hotwire a car?
Anyone here know how to hotwire a car? [message #85054] Tue, 25 April 2017 21:32 Go to next message
Vernon is currently offline  Vernon
Baron
Please understand I'm not asking for any 'criminal' reasons. I lost my keys and I'm sitting here contemplating what on earth I'm going to do now. Any help?
Re: Anyone here know how to hotwire a car? [message #85059 is a reply to message #85054] Wed, 26 April 2017 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You don't want to do it because it will damage your car. Go to the dealer and they can provide keys based on your car's VIN number.

Re: Anyone here know how to hotwire a car? [message #85103 is a reply to message #85054] Wed, 03 May 2017 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatzy02 is currently offline  chatzy02
Baron
I would have suggested the same, too, but I'm still eager to find out if anyone else here knows how to hotwire a car. Is it even possible or is it something that only works in the movies?
Re: Anyone here know how to hotwire a car? [message #85137 is a reply to message #85054] Mon, 08 May 2017 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I would never ever think of hot wiring a car. I'm always very coy with anything that involves pulling aside the batter, ignition and starter bundle.
Re: Anyone here know how to hotwire a car? [message #85141 is a reply to message #85137] Mon, 08 May 2017 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I would suspect that with any reasonably new car this would be nearly impossible. With everything computer controlled it is not a simple act of twisting a few wires together. I expect it would be far mor likely to damage something and then need a tow to the dealer than getting one started..It might be possible via the service port with the proper device. Some diagnostic testers might be able to do it. Now if the vehicle is from the 70s or earlier it might be possible.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Anyone here know how to hotwire a car? [message #85147 is a reply to message #85054] Mon, 08 May 2017 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vernon is currently offline  Vernon
Baron
Turns out I didn't have to hotwire the car after all. A friend of mine found my keys a couple of days later at his house. Funny how these things happen, isn't it?
Re: Anyone here know how to hotwire a car? [message #85921 is a reply to message #85054] Thu, 24 August 2017 03:04 Go to previous message
decibel 12 is currently offline  decibel 12
Baron
With new cars, you don't hotwire them, you hack them. Laughing

You would have to have a masters in computer technology, but I suppose it's still possible to start your car without your key.
Previous Topic: Names On The Internet
Next Topic: Buyers Remorse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:31:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout