Home » Audio » General » Gamings headphones for music?
Gamings headphones for music? [message #85064] Fri, 28 April 2017 15:10 Go to next message
chatzy02 is currently offline  chatzy02
Baron
Is it a good idea to use gaming headphones for listening to music? Is there really any discernible difference from the ones designed for that or are they both essentially the same?
Re: Gamings headphones for music? [message #85067 is a reply to message #85064] Fri, 28 April 2017 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, They will work for sure. I wonder if the response is tailored for game sounds and might not be full range. Additionally I see it as possible that the distortion level is more lenient in game phones as opposed to ones designed for high quality audio. However if they work for you...go for it.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Gamings headphones for music? [message #85070 is a reply to message #85064] Sat, 29 April 2017 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I often use the high quality ones as I have never been a gamer. In comparison, do you notice a huge difference? If not, and as gofar says, you are good to go. It seems to me that you are more of a gamer though.
Re: Gamings headphones for music? [message #85077 is a reply to message #85064] Sun, 30 April 2017 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
If they are headphones and they'll do the job why not use them? Depending on the type they may not be as good as headphones designed for music (inbuilt microphones take up space for example, and the drivers may not be as good) but if you're on a budget and don't want to buy a second set they will do as a temporary fix.
Re: Gamings headphones for music? [message #85084 is a reply to message #85064] Mon, 01 May 2017 17:50 Go to previous message
Lark is currently offline  Lark
Baron
I use the same headphones for music and gaming. I don't feel the need to go out and buy another pair. I think it works just fine both sides.
Previous Topic: Myspace?
Next Topic: Audio missing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:13:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout