Home » Audio » General » Can you have too much bass?
Can you have too much bass? [message #84790] Mon, 20 March 2017 05:10 Go to next message
vhfspeeks  is currently offline vhfspeeks
Baron
This thread is inspired by the driver stopped outside my office right now, who is audibly of the opinion that you can't. I am in the back of the building and my keyboard is vibrating from it. So do you think it's possible to have too mich bass?
Re: Can you have too much bass? [message #84791 is a reply to message #84790 ] Mon, 20 March 2017 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy  is currently offline cwemoy
Viscount
Too much bass is annoying and distracting. I wouldn't put too much of it; just enough for my ears and sorrounding. Have you seen those people will a lot of bass in their cars?
Re: Can you have too much bass? [message #84799 is a reply to message #84791 ] Wed, 22 March 2017 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vhfspeeks  is currently offline vhfspeeks
Baron
cwemoy wrote on Mon, 20 March 2017 06:01
Too much bass is annoying and distracting. I wouldn't put too much of it; just enough for my ears and sorrounding. Have you seen those people will a lot of bass in their cars?
No, but I have certainly heard them! Can they really hear the music they are playing, or would they be happy just playing thump-thump-thump-thump through the speakers?
Re: Can you have too much bass? [message #84800 is a reply to message #84799 ] Wed, 22 March 2017 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Balance

Too much or too little of anything is a bad thing.

We want the volume level of each frequency to be the same as all others, given the same drive level. In other words, if a bass note is recorded at the same level as a treble note, we want playback levels to be the same too. Not higher, not lower.

Re: Can you have too much bass? [message #84801 is a reply to message #84790 ] Wed, 22 March 2017 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish  is currently offline Kingfish
Grand Master
Noise pollution.

The one's who play bass loud enough to where they can't hear anything else must have enough money for new systems more often than the leverage listener.

Wayne is right, systems were made for balance, and when you don;t give a system that it will wear out a lot quicker.
Re: Can you have too much bass? [message #84804 is a reply to message #84790 ] Thu, 23 March 2017 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vernon  is currently offline Vernon
Chancellor
I find anyone who forces everyone else to listen to their loud systems like that totally irritating. I love loud music but I wouldn't subject unsuspecting people to it that way.
Re: Can you have too much bass? [message #84806 is a reply to message #84790 ] Thu, 23 March 2017 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatzy02  is currently offline chatzy02
Baron
I know what you mean, Vernon. Music feels good when we are in the mood for it, there is nothing more annoying that having to listen to that loud bass when you're at work or trying to focus on something.
Re: Can you have too much bass? [message #84809 is a reply to message #84790 ] Fri, 24 March 2017 11:09 Go to previous message
lilbill  is currently offline lilbill
Baron
I have come to understand that personal taste comes in the way of sound and what may sound 'too much' to someone, might just be what someone else is comfortable with.

Nonetheless, it is helpful to be aware of your surrounding. I always keep my 'noise' levels at the bare minimum.
Previous Topic:How much have you spent?
Next Topic:Setting up outside
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 27 09:46:47 CDT 2017

Sponsoring Organizations

AudioKinesis
AudioKinesis
BOI Audioworks
BOI Audioworks
BuildAnAmp.com
BuildAnAmp.com
Crescendo Systems