Home » Audio » General » Modifying your car radio
Modifying your car radio [message #84764] Sun, 12 March 2017 17:05 Go to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
My current radio seems to have malfunctioned and I am thinking of fixing another one that has a good set of speakers. What are your suggestions?
Re: Modifying your car radio [message #84779 is a reply to message #84764] Wed, 15 March 2017 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
Is it your radio or your speakers that have malfunctioned? If you have inbuilt speakers then swapping them without damaging the car is hard. Swapping the radio and keeping the existing speakers would be easier and cheaper.
Re: Modifying your car radio [message #84780 is a reply to message #84764] Thu, 16 March 2017 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lark is currently offline  Lark
Baron
I agree, it's important to know what is damaged exactly before you go and rip everything out, just in case the damage isn't as extensive as you may think.
Re: Modifying your car radio [message #84782 is a reply to message #84764] Fri, 17 March 2017 04:18 Go to previous message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
Thanks for your input guys. I had the same thoughts but after getting everything checked, I found out that the radio wasn't actually functioning (though it's given me service for quite some time). I don't even intend to do the 'ripping off' on my own.
Previous Topic: Audio with video
Next Topic: How much have you spent?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:51:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout