Home » Audio » General » 3D audio for gaming
3D audio for gaming [message #79855] Sat, 26 April 2014 07:53 Go to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
What is the best equipment for 3D audio sound for gaming. I'm looking for clear and crisp 3D surround sound that makes the game feel like it's all around you. Any suggestions?
Re: 3D audio for gaming [message #84210 is a reply to message #79855] Thu, 29 December 2016 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gemmel is currently offline  Gemmel
Baron
I was really hoping to get some ideas here myself. I am in the same situation and I want an audio kit that will make me feel 'immersed' in the game.
Re: 3D audio for gaming [message #84332 is a reply to message #79855] Mon, 16 January 2017 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
I mentioned Razor Surround in another thread, and it might do what you want. The basic version is free so you can try it and see whether it suits you. It wasn't my thing since it uses headphones not speakers, but things like storing your sound preferences in the cloud so if you move PCs or play at a friends you can still get your audio as you like it look really good.
Re: 3D audio for gaming [message #84342 is a reply to message #79855] Mon, 16 January 2017 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Storing sound files in the Cloud.......man, that makes me feel old. I would have no clue how to go about doing that.

It's good to see the younger generation taking audio seriously though.
Re: 3D audio for gaming [message #84350 is a reply to message #79855] Tue, 17 January 2017 11:52 Go to previous message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
I know what you mean, guy. I'm right there with you. I still think that is the best way to go about it, though, now that I think about it. It's a great suggestion.
Previous Topic: Best Beginner's Guides?
Next Topic: Building audio cables from scratch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:45:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout