Home » Audio » General » Best Beginner's Guides?
Best Beginner's Guides? [message #84284] Tue, 10 January 2017 03:27 Go to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
What are the best online beginners guides to the various parts of audio? I'm hoping we can build a collection of links to free guides that beginners can be pointed at, since it became really obvious in one thread that the advice given wasn't helping because the poster didn't have the background.

I'll start by saying Digital Trends has a pretty good basic guide to speakers and amps: http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/how-to-buy-speakers-a-beginners-guide-to-home-audio/
Re: Best Beginner's Guides? [message #84309 is a reply to message #84284] Sat, 14 January 2017 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I don't have any links, but I have a suggestion. Websites of local music or audio stores in your area. The better one's will have basic information on audio FAQ's
Re: Best Beginner's Guides? [message #84319 is a reply to message #84284] Sun, 15 January 2017 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
I agree that looking through sites will help you, but also reading through these kind of forums and searching for topics of interest to you will definitely help.
Re: Best Beginner's Guides? [message #84320 is a reply to message #84284] Sun, 15 January 2017 02:50 Go to previous message
Gemmel is currently offline  Gemmel
Baron
I have to say that I have learned so much from this forum alone, and I have always found the answers to any questions I had here. This is a great place for a beginner to learn.
Previous Topic: Computer surround sound
Next Topic: 3D audio for gaming
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:28:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout