Home » Audio » Source » Recycled vinyl records
Recycled vinyl records [message #83471] Sat, 03 September 2016 14:52 Go to next message
voyager1 is currently offline  voyager1
Chancellor
I just ran across this new abomination - recycled record art! People are taking vinyl records and making clocks, bookends, bowls, jewelry and all manner of things with them. Why? I would like to imagine that every one of these destroyed records was already scratched or warped before it was turned into someone's Father's Day gift, but really?
Re: Recycled vinyl records [message #83500 is a reply to message #83471] Mon, 05 September 2016 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Well I suppose it is better than tossing them in the trash.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Recycled vinyl records [message #83722 is a reply to message #83500] Thu, 13 October 2016 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Exactly Bruce, what else can you do with them? I think its a great idea and I see the creative possibilities with this as being endless. I'll probably be back here soon with other recycling ideas.
Re: Recycled vinyl records [message #84179 is a reply to message #83722] Sat, 24 December 2016 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Odie is currently offline  Odie
Chancellor
I agree with you two. What else can you do with them? The market is flooded with old records so selling them is out of the question. Better to do something with them than trash them.
Re: Recycled vinyl records [message #84198 is a reply to message #83471] Tue, 27 December 2016 09:00 Go to previous message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
I actually received a clock made out of my favorite vinyl for my birthday one year. I thought it was a great way to honor one of my childhood memories. I'm sure that people look these over really well and they don't make them out of rare items.
Previous Topic: Best new record player
Next Topic: Colored Vinyl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:09:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout