Home » Audio » Home Theater » Anamorphic enhanced
Anamorphic enhanced [message #83457] Fri, 02 September 2016 02:19 Go to next message
firerain is currently offline  firerain
Chancellor
What is the meaning of this specifically in terms of movie formats? Is this referencing the HD format or is it altogether separate? Thanks in advance for responding.
Re: Anamorphic enhanced [message #83466 is a reply to message #83457] Sat, 03 September 2016 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
It is actually referring to the widescreen format. It has to do with how it is recorded so that whatever medium is playing it back will still keep it's original widescreen image while recording as much detail as possible.
Re: Anamorphic enhanced [message #83475 is a reply to message #83457] Sun, 04 September 2016 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firerain is currently offline  firerain
Chancellor
Thanks for the reply. The thing I've noticed is when I play movies with this format, I get those black bars still showing up on screen on my 29'' SD TV. Is this due to the movie having been recorded in the 2.35:1 ratio? Any ideas?
Re: Anamorphic enhanced [message #84161 is a reply to message #83457] Thu, 22 December 2016 01:56 Go to previous message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
I had never heard of such a format but at least I know what to expect when I come across such a thing in the near future. Are you able to comfortably watch anything with the black bars?
Previous Topic: Matching your speakers
Next Topic: Cleaning your home theater
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:33:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout