Home » Audio » Source » Best new record player
Best new record player [message #83728] Tue, 18 October 2016 23:46 Go to next message
Leon is currently offline  Leon
Chancellor
I was browsing the Net for reviews and noticed a lot of good ones on Audio-Technica in general. I especially favor the pitch-lock feature of theirs. What's your say?
Re: Best new record player [message #84091 is a reply to message #83728] Tue, 13 December 2016 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Pitch-Lock? Could you explain that in further detail? Never heard of that.

Personally, I would go with a trusted brand that has been around for a few decades. Staying power is the best review any company can have.
Re: Best new record player [message #84093 is a reply to message #84091] Tue, 13 December 2016 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Audio-Technica is a good brand, in my opinion. Well known for cartridges and microphones.

Pitch-lock is undoubtedly a speed regulating mechanism. The platter should spin at precisely 33-1/3 RPM (or 45 RPM, if set) and this is set manually or automatically using a time base. Examples of time base are line frequency (60Hz, but not very constant) or quartz crystal oscillation (very constant).

Re: Best new record player [message #84098 is a reply to message #84093] Tue, 13 December 2016 20:27 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
AT is OK. You might want to post the question on vinylengine.com forums. The subject has been covered many times there and you will need to indicate what you want to play, what other equipment is attached and what your budget is. It is like this one a friendly forum.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: 16 RPM?
Next Topic: Recycled vinyl records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:49:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers