Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » The norms
The norms [message #83783] Tue, 25 October 2016 04:01 Go to next message
Herz is currently offline  Herz
Baron
I know there are issues of varying size and weight regarding what is considered normal by society but, for the most part, do you believe these norms truly exist? If so, are you a follower?
Re: The norms [message #83896 is a reply to message #83783] Sun, 06 November 2016 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leon is currently offline  Leon
Chancellor
This is indeed a heavy subject, Herz. There are two ways this issue can be considered, in my opinion; in terms of cultural reality and in terms of a greater but simpler reality. If we take the view of cultural reality, there are indeed norms or rules; however, if we consider things in more of a spiritual sense, these norms are manufactured and thus not 'real' i.e. natural.
Re: The norms [message #83901 is a reply to message #83783] Sun, 06 November 2016 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
decibel 12 is currently offline  decibel 12
Baron
I have to disagree with that Leon. Most societies on earth base their social norms on religious or spiritual beliefs. Staying within the social norms of a society also place you within the spiritual beliefs of said society, regardless of whether you adhere to those beliefs or not.
Re: The norms [message #83902 is a reply to message #83783] Sun, 06 November 2016 19:24 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Herz wrote on Tue, 25 October 2016 04:01
do you believe these norms truly exist? If so, are you a follower?

Of course they exist. We have laws in place to punish those who wish to operate outside of those norms. The norm is legal.....anything other than the norm, depending on exactly what it is, is illegal.
Previous Topic: Tesla Generator
Next Topic: All The Mudslinging Aside
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:13:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout