Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Learning how to read notes
Learning how to read notes [message #83638] Mon, 03 October 2016 09:22 Go to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
When learning an instrument for the first time, how do you go about learning the notes that need to be played? I've never learned how to read music and I want to play the piano. Any good websites out there that can teach me this skill?
Re: Learning how to read notes [message #83692 is a reply to message #83638] Thu, 06 October 2016 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
In my opinion, you shouldn't worry so much about the notes as this is something you'll definitely grasp in the course of learning the instrument. Besides, the internet has made everything readily available. YouTube is another really excellent resource.
Re: Learning how to read notes [message #83742 is a reply to message #83638] Thu, 20 October 2016 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I have always desired to learn how to read the notes and I have a feeling that this could soon become a reality. Playing the piano looks like so much fun and I wish you the best in your new venture.
Re: Learning how to read notes [message #83766 is a reply to message #83638] Sun, 23 October 2016 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
decibel 12 is currently offline  decibel 12
Baron
Learning how to read notes isn't as hard as you may think. On the piano especially, reading the notes and matching them to the keys is something that is easy to pick up on. At least it was for me back in junior high. I have long since forgotten the method, but I do remember that it was easy to pick up on.
Re: Learning how to read notes [message #83787 is a reply to message #83766] Tue, 25 October 2016 14:16 Go to previous message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
decibel 12 wrote on Sun, 23 October 2016 06:14
Learning how to read notes isn't as hard as you may think. On the piano especially, reading the notes and matching them to the keys is something that is easy to pick up on. At least it was for me back in junior high. I have long since forgotten the method, but I do remember that it was easy to pick up on.

I have previously had a difficulty learning how to read the notes but this was because I was not allocating much time to this task. It shouldn't be so hard reading these notes on the piano. Looks like a concept that a serious person can easily grasp.
Previous Topic: Music arrangement
Next Topic: R2R Tandberg
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:14:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout