Home » Audio » Radio » Radio DJ
Radio DJ [message #82790] Mon, 06 June 2016 04:40 Go to next message
dreamer13 is currently offline  dreamer13
Baron
When I was little, I wanted to be a host in a music program. It was such a cool job because I also got to talk with guests and choose songs for listeners. Sometimes I even think of doing it as part-time job.
Re: Radio DJ [message #82799 is a reply to message #82790] Tue, 07 June 2016 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
I did not want to be a radio DJ but a radio host instead. My belief was that I wasn't cut out for TV because of my stage fright.

It would be wonderful to start doing those things we really longed for as kids.
Re: Radio DJ [message #82828 is a reply to message #82799] Tue, 14 June 2016 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dreamer13 is currently offline  dreamer13
Baron
moss24 wrote on Wed, 08 June 2016 02:37
I did not want to be a radio DJ but a radio host instead. My belief was that I wasn't cut out for TV because of my stage fright.

It would be wonderful to start doing those things we really longed for as kids.

That's true. Overall I actually find radio hosts and DJs cool. They way they reach out to people just through voice is wonderful. And it's associated with lowest times of life (when electricity dies or when natural disaster happens), so it becomes dear to all listeners.
Re: Radio DJ [message #82917 is a reply to message #82790] Sun, 26 June 2016 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
It does take a certain talent to be a radio host/DJ. You have to be able to articulate your words good enough so the listener can picture what is being said.
Re: Radio DJ [message #82920 is a reply to message #82790] Sun, 26 June 2016 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
In the past, people used to look at a DJ as someone who did not particularly need to have a lot of skills. However, being a radio DJ or host requires all the hard work attributed to all other professions out there. The idea of being a radio host is a good one though it seems demanding.
Re: Radio DJ [message #83635 is a reply to message #82920] Mon, 03 October 2016 05:32 Go to previous message
Odie is currently offline  Odie
Chancellor
I used to listen to Wolfman Jack as a kid. Many of you may not even know who he is because I'm probably old enough to be your grandmother. However, he was the best. I picked him up on WOWO, Indiana and only at night because all I had was a transistor radio. Now you know I'm old. Laughing
Previous Topic: Problematic radio USB drive
Next Topic: Listening to old time hits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:45:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout