Home » Audio » Radio » Amos and Andy (1950's)
Amos and Andy [message #83624] Sun, 02 October 2016 06:25 Go to next message
Odie is currently offline  Odie
Chancellor
I will be dating myself here but I remember my mom listening to Amos and Andy on the radio while she ironed. I began to listen as well and their show was hilarious. Is there anyone else here that is old enough to remember?
Re: Amos and Andy [message #83661 is a reply to message #83624] Wed, 05 October 2016 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
I had to search the show on Google. I don't think there's anything similar on my local radio, which is unfortunate because it seems fun. The story captures the daily life moments, so it hits right on the spot.
Re: Amos and Andy [message #83671 is a reply to message #83624] Thu, 06 October 2016 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firerain is currently offline  firerain
Chancellor
This is the first I've heard of this show; I'm always up for good shows. Good thing it's available on the net, too. Thanks for this topic, Odie.
Re: Amos and Andy [message #83935 is a reply to message #83624] Fri, 18 November 2016 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thaddeus is currently offline  Thaddeus
Baron
I've never heard of this show, but my parents remember watching it on TV when they were growing up. They mentioned that it started out as a radio show in the 30's. My mom even remembers there being dolls of the characters too.
Re: Amos and Andy [message #84116 is a reply to message #83624] Thu, 15 December 2016 01:32 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Odie wrote on Sun, 02 October 2016 06:25
I will be dating myself here

Please don't do that. Laughing

Quote:
but I remember my mom listening to Amos and Andy on the radio while she ironed. I began to listen as well and their show was hilarious. Is there anyone else here that is old enough to remember?

Just how old are you? I've heard of the show, but it was before my time.

And no, I don't have the courage to tell you how much before my time. Cool
Previous Topic: Internet radio
Next Topic: Switching channels solution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:46:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers