Home » Audio » Pro Sound » The saxophone
The saxophone [message #83441] Wed, 31 August 2016 15:41 Go to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I would really want a chance to learn the sax, never mind that it may actually be too late. How hard is it in comparison to the guitar (that I think is the hardest to learn)? How much will the cheapest saxophone most likely cost?
Re: The saxophone [message #83490 is a reply to message #83441] Mon, 05 September 2016 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firerain is currently offline  firerain
Chancellor
It's never too late. I don't think one is necessarily easier than the other, although the fingering of a guitar is easier than that of a saxophone. The cheapest I've seen a saxophone sold is around $200.
Re: The saxophone [message #83518 is a reply to message #83441] Tue, 06 September 2016 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
True firerain, it is never too late to learn anything. My problem with the sax is whether I will have all that energy to blow it. In my opinion, it is much easier learning the guitar.
Re: The saxophone [message #83564 is a reply to message #83441] Thu, 22 September 2016 05:16 Go to previous message
minora is currently offline  minora
Baron
Saxophones actually have sub-types, which range from soprano to contrabass. Some brands even offer student versions for beginners. The prices don't seem to be much different from guitars, but that varies with the brands.
Previous Topic: Sampling
Next Topic: Getting the correct sound level
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:09:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout