Home » Audio » Source » High definition vinyl
High definition vinyl [message #83103] Wed, 27 July 2016 05:49 Go to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
If you think vinyl is out of date, you may judge too quickly. Based on this article, developers are working on methods to make vinyls more efficient and powerful to produce great quality sounds. It's still a popular item in audio world, so this sounds like a shot of energy for vinyl lovers.
Re: High definition vinyl [message #83136 is a reply to message #83103] Sat, 30 July 2016 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
I have always known that technology never gets outdated and this is proof of it. The concept of a vinyl record that has 30% more capacity, double the audio fidelity of a typical LP and 30% greater volume will take the market by storm and also meet current demand.
Re: High definition vinyl [message #83202 is a reply to message #83136] Wed, 03 August 2016 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I am rather skeptical about the changes. Vinyl is a mature format. The process is well developed and serves well. I suspect that the HD concept is more of a sales / profit oriented thing than a real improvement. I personally don't see it happening.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: High definition vinyl [message #83225 is a reply to message #83202] Thu, 04 August 2016 08:48 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I do like the old half-speed master pressings from the 1970s. I think the pressing quality was better but maybe even the mix was too. I don't know but they did sound better than the standard issue vinyl.

Previous Topic: A Modern Spin On Records
Next Topic: Cleaning soap for vinyl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:36:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout