Home » xyzzy » Tower » Audiobooks
Audiobooks [message #79316] Thu, 06 February 2014 05:10 Go to next message
Iceage is currently offline  Iceage
Baron
Do any of you use an audiobook service regularly? I have a subscription to Audible and I find myself listening more and more, especially when insomnia hits me and I need to find a way to switch off.
Re: Audiobooks [message #79322 is a reply to message #79316] Thu, 06 February 2014 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I've been considering audiobooks lately as I have problems with insomnia, too, but for now I've just been reading them on my Kindle. The only thing about audiobooks that makes me pause is the fact that I'm funny about the way the narrator sounds; if I don't like the sound of his/her voice, I won't listen to the book.
Re: Audiobooks [message #79395 is a reply to message #79316] Tue, 11 February 2014 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
Most allow you to preview them thankfully, so that you can decide whether the narrator is annoying. And Audible allows you to return a certain number of books that you don't get on with.

I have used a couple of subscription services, and Audible is the best I've found.
Re: Audiobooks [message #82805 is a reply to message #79316] Thu, 09 June 2016 13:54 Go to previous message
sceneherd is currently offline  sceneherd
Esquire
I am actually a voice over artist for audible audiobooks. I love the ACX.com platform. It makes the audition process for work simple and fast. I record all of my audiobooks on Audacity, then send them to my editor. He masters them and removes all of the errors so I can free up time to record more audiobooks. I might look into some paid software options in the future, but for now, Audacity meets all of my needs.
Previous Topic: The weather so far...
Next Topic: On Moving Day
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:51:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout