Home » xyzzy » Tower » Working For The Postal Service
Working For The Postal Service [message #82285] Tue, 22 March 2016 06:43 Go to next message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
Has anyone here worked for the USPS? I have heard both good and bad things about them. I have been thinking about getting my CDL when I'm 55 for the sole purpose of driving for them. Drivers for the USPS can make up to 75k a year depending on location.

Good idea or bad?
Re: Working For The Postal Service [message #82292 is a reply to message #82285] Tue, 22 March 2016 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thaddeus is currently offline  Thaddeus
Baron
My local postal service is actually hiring right now which is amazing, because it seems like they never have an opening. I would go for it. They seem to pay really well and have great benefits.
Re: Working For The Postal Service [message #82345 is a reply to message #82285] Tue, 05 April 2016 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
I have also heard that the pay is actually pretty good. Not nearly good enough to get me to quit my 9-5, but still good! I had a friend that worked for FedEx during the holiday season. I think they paid him $17.50/hr or so. He seemed pretty happy about it.
Re: Working For The Postal Service [message #82357 is a reply to message #82345] Thu, 07 April 2016 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gentry is currently offline  Gentry
Chancellor
Because the postal service is a federal government job, there will be extra forms, testing and documentation needed in order to be accepted. You can go to the US government website to find the necessary forms and to schedule the necessary federal exams. It helps to take these tests ahead of time. It will help shorten your wait time when a job becomes available in your area.
Re: Working For The Postal Service [message #82363 is a reply to message #82285] Fri, 08 April 2016 11:48 Go to previous message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
I've been thinking about applying for a job with the USPS, which right now there is an opening in the next town over. I've heard that they do offer really great benefits, but I think I already make more than they are offering to start.
Previous Topic: A Good Logo
Next Topic: Prince is dead
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:41:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout