Home » Audio » General » New headphone purchase
New headphone purchase [message #82178] Fri, 11 March 2016 11:09 Go to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
I need to purchase new headphones for hi-fi listening. I spend long hours listening to the music and I would like something that has a nice bass extension. I really don't want to go over $250, so anything under that is perfect. Any ideas?
Re: New headphone purchase [message #85428 is a reply to message #82178] Fri, 16 June 2017 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amber is currently offline  Amber
Baron
In all honesty, I think that if you look on Amazon and look through the review, you can find something great that costs way less than $250. Maybe Bose or Beats.

-Amber
Re: New headphone purchase [message #85459 is a reply to message #85428] Wed, 21 June 2017 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Amber wrote on Fri, 16 June 2017 08:38
In all honesty, I think that if you look on Amazon and look through the review, you can find something great that costs way less than $250. Maybe Bose or Beats.

My exact thoughts. If your budget has $250 as it's cap, you could easily get two to three good quality headphones. You may also want to check around you so as to avoid the shipping costs (if any).
Re: New headphone purchase [message #85572 is a reply to message #85459] Sat, 08 July 2017 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saxon is currently offline  Saxon
Chancellor
Mamoss is right. With that type of budget, you can get more than one quality pair of headphone. I suggest checking out Amazon and Best Buy.
Re: New headphone purchase [message #85578 is a reply to message #85572] Sat, 08 July 2017 13:12 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I suggest that if at all possible you listen to the phones first. Some places like Best Buy and Frys Electronics have them set up for just that purpose. If not be sure you can send them back. My personal opinion of Beats and Bose is that they are over hyped. Sort of a fashion statement over performance. Look at Sennheiser, AT, Grado and other companies that are not so "hep". You are likely to get a much better sound at less cost. Amazon (which I like) is not always the lowest price for gear although their return policies are among the best.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Why is elevator music always easy listening instead of top 40?
Next Topic: Does Volume Matter?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:39:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout