Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » One System For Everything
One System For Everything [message #81939] Wed, 03 February 2016 12:20 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Back in the day you had a sound system for your stereo and then your television. Both systems, being different in nature, had their differences in setting up how the sound came out.

Now though, all of your entertainment can stream out of your television. How do you think this has changed how the system of producing sound is made?
Re: One System For Everything [message #81941 is a reply to message #81939] Wed, 03 February 2016 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Audio quality is still important, no matter if it's for home theater or high-fidelity. While some people would "optimize" for one or the other, I think what's good for high-fidelity music is also good for home theater. Smooth bass, clear midrange and treble, low-distortion and uniform directivity serve well in any sound system.

Re: One System For Everything [message #81988 is a reply to message #81939] Tue, 09 February 2016 07:49 Go to previous message
Chase is currently offline  Chase
Baron
I find that I like having everything going through one sound system. I find I do less fidgeting with controls trying to achieve that perfect sound than I did when I was trying to set up two different systems.
Previous Topic: How to lay out our bedroom
Next Topic: Help with room treatment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:30:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout