Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Music in the waiting room of our office
Music in the waiting room of our office [message #80186] Sun, 13 July 2014 19:51 Go to next message
pk20 is currently offline  pk20
Baron
We want to add music to our waiting room for our clients. I was thinking of using an old laptop with a selection of music. Should I just connect the speakers directly to the laptop or from the laptop to a receiver and then to the speakers? The room is 20' by 24', with carpet on the floor and windows instead of walls on one side and drop ceilings.
Re: Music in the waiting room of our office [message #80344 is a reply to message #80186] Sat, 30 August 2014 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think you would have more options for your speakers if you used a receiver. Do you have a digital output for your laptop or will you need to use a stereo/RCA cable?
Re: Music in the waiting room of our office [message #80559 is a reply to message #80186] Wed, 24 September 2014 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think a receiver would be a good idea. It sounds like you have some good sound dampening in place with the carpet and possibly with the drop ceiling (is it made of those industrial tiles?). You'll get reflections off the window wall, though, so watch out for that.
Re: Music in the waiting room of our office [message #81725 is a reply to message #80559] Wed, 09 December 2015 17:09 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
But if he puts a bunch of plants against that wall, wouldn't that act as a dampening agent too?

Just once I would like to go into a doctors office and hear Pat Boone doing his version of heavy metal songs. Someone somewhere HAS to have that CD. Laughing
Previous Topic: More Isn't Necessarily Better?
Next Topic: How to lay out our bedroom
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:59:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout