Home » Audio » Measurement » WTPro (Experienced Users?)
WTPro [message #80871] Thu, 27 November 2014 11:54 Go to next message
PointSource is currently offline  PointSource
Chancellor
Hello, an old soul with a new name here!

Recently, I purchased a WTPro and had it installed by a "pro" on an older Compaq laptop with an Anthalon AMD64 processor running Windows XP (Vista wasn't working).

The WTPro is a steep learning curve for someone like myself, so I'm hoping to gain insights from the experiences of seasoned designers. Also, I can determine whether the program was installed properly by way of others' feedback.

I know that Wayne owns a WTPro, but I really don't want to monopolize his time for this one topic; I'm hoping for input from various sources.

Thanks in advance for any responses!
Re: WTPro [message #80872 is a reply to message #80871] Fri, 28 November 2014 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You're in luck, because Keith Larson hangs out here. You'll find him to be very approachable too. So ask whatever you want in this thread. There's no better source for info than the guy that made that system. Smile

Re: WTPro [message #80873 is a reply to message #80872] Sun, 30 November 2014 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Wonderbar! I would certainly appreciate his input for a while.

I'll start with something basic: When I click on any topic under the "Help" column, nothing happens as if no information were stored there. This is the first indicator that maybe the program wasn't loaded correctly. How can we fix it?
Re: WTPro [message #80875 is a reply to message #80873] Mon, 01 December 2014 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keith Larson is currently offline  Keith Larson
Baron
Having never actually experienced this, I got to thinking there had to be something about the setup, and it occurred to me that I hardly ever close all the child windows, and on top of this I hardly ever use the help pull down. Basically this configuration is mainly used to set some arcane constants, and as such the menu items and how they are managed are different. IOW, what you found was that when there is no child window open, there is no help menu handler.

So yes, no action from the pull down menu items, so I think that's it. Just open a window from the view pull down and you will see a new pull down list, and the help pull downs should work.

Best regards,
Keith Larson

Re: WTPro [message #81060 is a reply to message #80875] Mon, 02 February 2015 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Pardon the long gap in time, I've been a busy boy.

I've always been a Mac user, so I don't know what a child window is. Right, I'm really starting from scratch! I did try opening a window first, then clicking on Help & choosing a topic. I get an error message saying that there isn't any info in the Help topics. Is this an indication that something isn't loaded correctly?
Re: WTPro [message #81106 is a reply to message #81060] Wed, 11 February 2015 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Paging Mr. Larson: I attempted to register on the Smith & Larson website forum in order to get the help I needed. I got a message claiming that my email address wasn't valid, altho' I've had it for years. I seem to have a knack for encountering obstacles with S&L. What is a MX code, anyway?
Re: WTPro [message #81113 is a reply to message #80871] Sat, 14 February 2015 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
The user guide, release notes and quick start are all PDF files in the installation directory. If the PC environment is set up properly, the UG can be opened via F1 key or pull down menu. Another option is to use an external program to view the PDF files. The PC environment is usually set up when you install something like Adobe acrobat.

As far as registering on the BBS goes, the challenge question is what is the abbreviation "TS" stand for. Its "Thiele Small". After entering the data the BBS software queries your ISP's mail system to see if the email address is valid. If there is a delay (which is what likely happened) it will fail.

Direct email contact, use tech@woofertester.com
Re: WTPro [message #81122 is a reply to message #81113] Sun, 15 February 2015 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Yes, Thiele Small was the obvious choice for a Speakerhead like myself. I do have those PDF files on the Mac, I was just concerned that their absence on the PC might be symptomatic of another problem. After all, it IS a PC...!

Do you prefer I use tech@woofertester.com for my questions, or is the ART forum acceptable as well?
Re: WTPro [message #81149 is a reply to message #81122] Tue, 17 February 2015 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
The PDF files will be in the root directory after installing, or alternatively by unzipping the download version. Just be sure to actually unzip the files. Windows will treat a zip file as a folder, and since the files and directories don't actually exist, the program cant access anything. Also be sure to expand the directory structure. If not, all the files, drivers etc. will be lumped into one location.

Contacting by email is definitely better.

Re: WTPro [message #81155 is a reply to message #81149] Wed, 18 February 2015 23:47 Go to previous message
Chancellor
OK, I'll restrict all the setup & unzipping stuff to the tech@woofertester.com email address from now on. Thanks for your time, Keith.
Previous Topic: Acoustitape
Next Topic: Software for optimizing multi sub parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:38:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout