Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Affordable Parts Online
Affordable Parts Online [message #78060] Wed, 09 October 2013 09:13 Go to next message
Chase is currently offline  Chase
Baron
I'm still in school and most of my crafting is done from recycled parts that I get off of old systems that are no longer working. Sometimes there is something I need to finish a project and I have to wait until I run across one. Is there anywhere online you can go to get affordable parts like tubes or wiring, maybe even used speaker horns?
Re: Affordable Parts Online [message #78064 is a reply to message #78060] Wed, 09 October 2013 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Used parts not really. New ones...some sources Parts Express, Allied, MCM, Jameco and Antique Electronic Supply (tubesandmore.com).

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Affordable Parts Online [message #80549 is a reply to message #78060] Mon, 22 September 2014 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
emmagia is currently offline  emmagia
Esquire
What is newer is the CAD software used to deliver the artwork to the board house. It used to be done photographically, and your layout engineer would "lay tape". Literally. They used strips of colored translucent tape fastened to large clear sheets of plastic, one per layer. They often used different colored tape so when each layer was laid on top of each other, you could see the layers easily by color coding. But this was just for convenience while developing and checking the layout, because the final product of the layout engineer is a photographic positive done in black on clear at scale for each layer requested.

emma
Re: Affordable Parts Online [message #80552 is a reply to message #80549] Mon, 22 September 2014 14:25 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's exactly right. My first several production items were done that way. All were digital communications/control equipment. The tape used wasn't just for convenience though, it was actually photographed to make the positive film sent to the board house to make the printed circuit boards. There is one color per layer, and also one for the silkscreens and solder masks. I still have the artwork for those old boards, both the positive films and the originals with strips of tape.

Previous Topic: DIY Diffuser
Next Topic: Altoids Amp.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:38:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout