Home » xyzzy » Tower » Car Door Handle Broke
Car Door Handle Broke [message #79622] Wed, 05 March 2014 17:25 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
We have a Nissan Altima with a plastic door handle and after ten good years, the handle on the driver's door has broken off. It broke clean in such a way that if the glue were strong enough, it could easily be glued back on. I've priced handles at $100 each plus labor to replace plus labor to repaint (since they only come in black and we'd need to have it painted silver to match the car) and long story short, I'd much rather just glue it back together again.

Can anyone suggest a glue, epoxy, etc., that would do the trick here?
Re: Car Door Handle Broke [message #79623 is a reply to message #79622] Wed, 05 March 2014 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Just break off the others and use all black ones. Rolling Eyes
I believe I would try JB Weld. The alternative is the Epoxy by Gorilla Glue.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Car Door Handle Broke [message #79628 is a reply to message #79623] Thu, 06 March 2014 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
gofar99 wrote on Wed, 05 March 2014 21:25
Hi, Just break off the others and use all black ones. Rolling Eyes
I believe I would try JB Weld. The alternative is the Epoxy by Gorilla Glue.

Ha!

I would go with JB Weld, too. They make a two part that you can find at auto parts stores for less than $10. I think it's rated over 4,000 PSI.
Re: Car Door Handle Broke [message #79632 is a reply to message #79628] Fri, 07 March 2014 11:48 Go to previous message
Jackson is currently offline  Jackson
Viscount
Besides Gorilla Glue, I would suggest E6000. The other option is to head to the closest junk yard to see if they have a handle that matches your car. A lot of times they will also install the part for very little out of pocket to you.
Previous Topic: Kindle Through a TV
Next Topic: Cellphone Upgrades
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:51:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout