Home » xyzzy » Tower » Best place to buy internet cable?
Best place to buy internet cable? [message #79055] Fri, 24 January 2014 00:40 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I just moved into an apartment earlier this month. About a week after we moved in, we had internet turned on, but the dumb tech turned it on in the wrong room, so we have internet in the bedroom when it should be in the living room. Now we need to run internet cable from the modem in the bedroom all the way to the Xbox One in the living room. We want to run it around the perimeter of each room so no one ever trips over it, so we're going to need a lot of it. Where's the best place to buy this stuff in bulk? Oh yeah, and I'm looking for cat 5e or cat 6.
Re: Best place to buy internet cable? [message #79064 is a reply to message #79055] Fri, 24 January 2014 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
I'm not sure about this; I've never had to buy that much cable before. We always bought short cables from Wal-Mart, although their prices aren't really good. Maybe try Best Buy or even a wholesale place online.
Re: Best place to buy internet cable? [message #79068 is a reply to message #79064] Fri, 24 January 2014 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Frys Electronics if one is nearby, Lowes and Home Depot carry it as well. Also places like Parts Express on the Web. Bulk cable for what you want is rather generic and brand etc is largely unimportant.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Best place to buy internet cable? [message #79173 is a reply to message #79055] Thu, 30 January 2014 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smitty is currently offline  Smitty
Baron
Have you tried Mono Price? They are an online company that sells high quality cables of all sorts at very affordable prices. They are about 1/3 or more the price of anywhere else.
Re: Best place to buy internet cable? [message #79196 is a reply to message #79055] Fri, 31 January 2014 20:56 Go to previous message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
We got some internet cable for our house off of eBay. We bought 100 feet of it for about $10-$11 and free shipping. I can't remember the name of the seller but it's all over eBay.
Previous Topic: UPS letting us down!
Next Topic: The big Gmail Scare
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:42:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout