Home » Audio » General » Sensory Overload
Sensory Overload [message #78865] Fri, 03 January 2014 09:28 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Right now I can hear a TV, two tablets, and the music on my computer all playing at the same time. It's a cacophony around here! It probably won't be long before I have to retreat to the bedroom for a little peace and quiet.
Re: Sensory Overload [message #78868 is a reply to message #78865] Fri, 03 January 2014 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Nymeria wrote on Fri, 03 January 2014 09:28
It probably won't be long before I have to retreat to the bedroom for a little peace and quiet.

........Where you will hear the hum of your alarm clock. The noise just never ends. Mornings at my house are like that. Two televisions and a radio all blaring out different sounds.
Re: Sensory Overload [message #78870 is a reply to message #78868] Fri, 03 January 2014 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Use noise cancelling headphones with a player that is playing nice soothing music. Smile

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Sensory Overload [message #78873 is a reply to message #78865] Sun, 05 January 2014 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
Or even nature sounds. That's a good idea gofar. After awhile, too much sound constantly will start to wear on you. Too much of anything is never good.
Re: Sensory Overload [message #78951 is a reply to message #78865] Mon, 13 January 2014 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Do any of you get irritable after too much exposure to lots of loud sounds? The situation Nymeria described would drive me mad and I'd get very snappish with people.
Re: Sensory Overload [message #78968 is a reply to message #78951] Thu, 16 January 2014 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuckyLucy is currently offline  LuckyLucy
Baron
I get snappish after too much noise, too!
Last night my husband was putting up YouTube music on the TV. I like the music, usually, but he always has it too loud. I suffered through the Pink Floyd album at way too much volume. But after the second Mozart tune at a million decibels I shouted, "This is not Rock and Roll! It is not meant to be listened to at that volume!"
I'm seriously thinking the man needs a hearing aid.
Re: Sensory Overload [message #78973 is a reply to message #78968] Thu, 16 January 2014 16:29 Go to previous message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
LuckyLucy wrote on Thu, 16 January 2014 10:59
I get snappish after too much noise, too!
Last night my husband was putting up YouTube music on the TV. I like the music, usually, but he always has it too loud. I suffered through the Pink Floyd album at way too much volume. But after the second Mozart tune at a million decibels I shouted, "This is not Rock and Roll! It is not meant to be listened to at that volume!"
I'm seriously thinking the man needs a hearing aid.

I think my husband needs a hearing aid too, and he's not even 40. He listens to everything so loudly and it drives me crazy.
Previous Topic: Vinyl Record Day
Next Topic: Musicians And Their Equipment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:31:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout