Home » xyzzy » Tower » Thunder
Thunder [message #72947] Thu, 07 June 2012 07:50 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It's storming this morning, and the sound of the thunder and the rain is soothing. Thunder can sometimes be startling when the lightning is really close by, but most of the time I enjoy listening to it grumble.
Re: Thunder [message #72955 is a reply to message #72947] Thu, 07 June 2012 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurnItUp is currently offline  TurnItUp
Viscount
I am not a huge fan of thunder, but I like listening to the rain. Our sun room has a tin roof and I love the way it sounds in there when it rains.
Re: Thunder [message #72972 is a reply to message #72947] Mon, 11 June 2012 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm surprised you enjoy the sound of rain on your tin roof. The one time I was under a tin roof during a storm, it was so loud I couldn't converse with others.
Re: Thunder [message #76985 is a reply to message #72947] Fri, 07 June 2013 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think I'll change my username to Gravedigger. Just thought I'd go back a year to see what was going on, saw the title thunder and clicked. I'm one who loves a good old fashioned thunderstorm. A roof raiser, gully washer......what other terms are there?
Re: Thunder [message #76996 is a reply to message #76985] Mon, 10 June 2013 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
Kingfish wrote on Fri, 07 June 2013 19:24
I'm one who loves a good old fashioned thunderstorm. A roof raiser, gully washer......what other terms are there?

Here in Arkansas, we call 'em "toad stranglers."

I too love a good thunderstorm. I enjoy sitting on the porch with a cup of good coffee and watching the lightning and falling rain. That is, as long as it's a rather tame thunderstorm, not like when a 500 yard wide rotating funnel cloud passed over my house a couple years back..... Shocked When things are looking rough, you can smell "that" smell and feel "that" feeling in the air, and the sky turns a weird shade of green or amber, Thermionic forgets the coffee and goes lookin' for a fraidy hole.

Thermionic
Re: Thunder [message #76999 is a reply to message #76996] Tue, 11 June 2013 05:52 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Thermionic wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 22:43
When things are looking rough, you can smell "that" smell and feel "that" feeling in the air, and the sky turns a weird shade of green or amber, Thermionic forgets the coffee and goes lookin' for a fraidy hole.

Thermionic

Well goodness, I'd hope so! When things are getting that bad, it's nothing to mess with.

I don't see green skies around here as much; I saw them more in the midwest where the tornadoes are stronger.
Previous Topic: Tropical Storm Andrea
Next Topic: Instructions on the WEB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:58:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout