Home » Audio » General » Motion Picture Sound Editor Awards
Motion Picture Sound Editor Awards [message #75570] Wed, 20 February 2013 05:34 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The Motion Picture Sound Editor Awards ceremony was a couple days ago. A friend of mine went; he was part of the team nominated for their work on Argo. Unfortunately they didn't win, but it's pretty cool that they were there.
Re: Motion Picture Sound Editor Awards [message #75583 is a reply to message #75570] Thu, 21 February 2013 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
That is pretty neat. How did you meet this friend? It's too bad he didn't invite you to come along, although I suppose awards shows would get boring after awhile.
Re: Motion Picture Sound Editor Awards [message #75602 is a reply to message #75570] Fri, 22 February 2013 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
We met in college. I was studying audio and he was a recent graduate who had been hired on to help with IT work. We also worked at the same studio outside of school.

He wouldn't have invited me; we live very far apart and in any case, he naturally wanted to take his girlfriend.
Re: Motion Picture Sound Editor Awards [message #76180 is a reply to message #75570] Fri, 05 April 2013 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chokabloc is currently offline  Chokabloc
Chancellor
I always get the impression that those responsible for sounds and music scores in movies get overlooked at the big award ceremonies. There's more to a successful film than just the actors, right?
Re: Motion Picture Sound Editor Awards [message #76192 is a reply to message #76180] Fri, 05 April 2013 08:27 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Chokabloc wrote on Fri, 05 April 2013 02:20
I always get the impression that those responsible for sounds and music scores in movies get overlooked at the big award ceremonies. There's more to a successful film than just the actors, right?

That is true, and they are technically recognized at the big ceremonies too, but no one watching the awards seems to care much about them. They are focused on best actor/actress, best picture, and best director.
Previous Topic: My Husband's Ear
Next Topic: New MP3 Player!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:16:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout