Home » Audio » General » Clarifier App for iPhones
Clarifier App for iPhones [message #73412] Mon, 30 July 2012 09:44 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Carda has released a clarifier app for iPhones. It's supposed to de-gauss the speakers and make them sound better. I don't have an iPhone but figured if anyone here did, they might be interested.
Re: Clarifier App for iPhones [message #73417 is a reply to message #73412] Mon, 30 July 2012 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, An interesting thought....degaussing generally means to remove magnetism. Since the speakers need a magnet to function this would appear to be the wrong thing to do. It kind of reminds me of some posts that relate to magnets in phono cartridges. When something similar was done to them and they ceased to function. Curious.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Clarifier App for iPhones [message #73419 is a reply to message #73417] Mon, 30 July 2012 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing. Can't degauss a speaker, at least not one with a fixed magnet.

I'm guessing it's probably just a fun applet, a throw-back to the days when you degaussed CRTs and they wiggled while the degaussing coil was working. Or maybe it's one of those tin-foil-hat things, someone actually believes they can sprinkle magic applet dust on their phone and it won't emit harmful spasmoplastic radiation into their brains.

Re: Clarifier App for iPhones [message #73466 is a reply to message #73412] Fri, 03 August 2012 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I went back and found the description for the app. It does a frequency sweep, which is supposed to "nullify the magnetic eddies", whatever that means. Confused
Re: Clarifier App for iPhones [message #73467 is a reply to message #73466] Fri, 03 August 2012 09:52 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That, my friend, is complete and utter nonsense. I hate it when I see snake oil like that. There are so many useful things one can do that it just doesn't make sense to me for someone to invest time developing and promoting a lie. But that app surely is just that. It's nonsense.

Previous Topic: California Audio Show
Next Topic: Vinyl to computer without using USB.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 11:32:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio