Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Building Your Library: Amazon Used?
Building Your Library: Amazon Used? [message #7268] Tue, 14 November 2006 12:35 Go to next message
destiny is currently offline  destiny
Baron
I recently did some Christmas shopping at Amazon. I noticed again that sometimes used items come up for very little money... I'm talking ONE cent. I ordered some one cent movies. Sure they're used, and the shipping is $2.59 for a DVD, but that's still just $2.60... does anyone else do this?

That's just the lowest, of course. I like picking those that are in best shape... like I passed up a 1 cent "used: acceptable" for a 67 cent "used: excellent"

Re: Building Your Library: Amazon Used? [message #7271 is a reply to message #7268] Tue, 14 November 2006 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jimmys devoted is currently offline  jimmys devoted
Baron
Oh my! this is my type of bargain...... I usually check out theer used for college text books.. but this is amaazing. If you get your movies before I get mine let me know about the playablility.. do they skip, pause or are they badly scratched....... I see loads for chanukah!

Heck yeah!!! [message #7277 is a reply to message #7268] Wed, 15 November 2006 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Never had any problems with used CDs from Amazon. Quite possibly the bargain of the century.....C

Re: Heck yeah!!! [message #7279 is a reply to message #7277] Wed, 15 November 2006 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Yes... it's the same for books, too. The first time I put a penny thing into my cart a couple of years ago, I was waiting and waiting for the catch. It didn't come, so I'm always looking now. The only downside is making my mail carrier bring me all the separate packages from sellers instead of one box from Amazon.

Re: Building Your Library: Amazon Used? [message #7280 is a reply to message #7271] Wed, 15 November 2006 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
I've only had one problem so far and I'm thinking that was something from half.com and not Amazon. It was obviously an illegally copied version, but I've gotten many things and that's the only problem. From Amazon, they've been fine. Sometime they have a worn cover, but I don't expect more for a penny.

When you search for something at Amazon, just see what comes up in the used section. Sometimes the used things are almost as much (or more!) than Amazon's price, but there are some real gems. Especially now with VHS, you can pick up some great bargains.

Re: Building Your Library: Amazon Used? [message #7287 is a reply to message #7280] Wed, 15 November 2006 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jimmys devoted is currently offline  jimmys devoted
Baron
I had no idea that Amazon had all those things....................

Re: Building Your Library: Amazon Used? [message #7302 is a reply to message #7287] Tue, 21 November 2006 10:43 Go to previous message
Baron
Amazon has truly grown in the proverbial leaps and bounds. They even have gourmet food and groceries now... clothing, toys, you name it. I don't generally shop there for anything except books and music, though... those specialty stores all add their own shipping costs, but things in Amazon itself have free shipping over $25.

Previous Topic: What's your fav Messiah?
Next Topic: Music Question: Any Songwriters Here?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 05:19:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio