Home » xyzzy » Tower » SOPA
SOPA [message #71050] Fri, 20 January 2012 04:51 Go to next message
j0ann3 is currently offline  j0ann3
Baron
It's becoming a worldwide issue now. I have friends from Asia who have also declared their protest against the passing of the law. I guess it's true though, once it is passed, a lot will be affected, they might shut down YouTube which is one of the main source of music for people. I really appreciate the effort of wikipedia, google, and other websites that have held black outs in protest.

Joanne! xx
Re: SOPA [message #71061 is a reply to message #71050] Fri, 20 January 2012 20:32 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, The evening news tonight said that the Senate dropped for now. This is like the big flap when tape recorders (audio) first became reasonable in price about 40 years ago, then when video recorders became available 30 years ago, then with the MP3 start up about 20 years ago....so it is no surprise that it has popped up again. Rolling Eyes I sympathize with the artists that don't get paid for their work, but equally think that SOPA is not the answer. Technology will always be at least one step ahead of law and the practices of sharing files either legally or illegally will continue. All that will be created is another difficult to implement law. And of course a government agency to champion it. Confused Jumping off my soap box now.....

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Your Voice
Next Topic: Learning an instrument helps in Math?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:33:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio