Home » xyzzy » Tower » Twitter
Twitter [message #68134] Sat, 11 June 2011 11:22 Go to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
Why is it that I just can't get into Twitter like I thought I would? I thought it would be better for me than Facebook, because I was also posting little messages and changing my status updates, but for some reason, I just don't get into it. My friends say that I am not using it right. What does that mean? Does anyone know the "right" way to use Twitter?
Re: Twitter [message #68315 is a reply to message #68134] Thu, 23 June 2011 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doppler is currently offline  Doppler
Chancellor
I have a Twitter account, but it's not as active as my Facebook. In fact, I rarely tweet. To start with, I have few followers, so it seems like it doesn't make sense if I post status or updates. Nobody reads them anyway. Very Happy I do follow certain news personalities on Twitter, so that I have a quick source of news updates.
Re: Twitter [message #68347 is a reply to message #68315] Sun, 26 June 2011 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jolene is currently offline  Jolene
Chancellor
I agree if you don't have a lot of followers, it is like whistling in the wind. My biggest use for twitter is to follow news trends. Often someone will tweet a news story before it is anywhere else.
Re: Twitter [message #68761 is a reply to message #68134] Wed, 27 July 2011 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
What does it mean when someone writes something and then puts in a # and then a phrase after it? A friend of mine kept doing that today, and I asked him what type of prize he was trying to win.
Re: Twitter [message #69357 is a reply to message #68134] Tue, 06 September 2011 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
I don't understand Twitter at all. It seems that it is the big craze lately, but I just don't get it! I much prefer something along the lines of Facebook. Twitter just seems pointless.
Re: Twitter [message #70424 is a reply to message #68134] Wed, 07 December 2011 23:39 Go to previous message
Freddy is currently offline  Freddy
Viscount
I don't use Twitter much myself, but I don't think it's completely pointless. It gives celebrities another way to embarrass themselves. I bet it's hard for their managers to always monitor what they tweet, which leads to some pretty funny moments. Laughing
Previous Topic: Stocks or gold?
Next Topic: Kindle fire?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:13:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout