Home » xyzzy » Tower » Food Trucks
Food Trucks [message #68827] Wed, 03 August 2011 08:14 Go to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
Has anyone noticed the latest food truck craze? Food trucks have actually been around for a while, but now they are coming out with some more modern versions with very eclectic menus. I was in a park yesterday and saw a sign that said they were having "Food Truck Wednesdays" there. Every Wednesday, there will be food trucks for lunch from 11am to 2pm. Very cool!
Re: Food Trucks [message #68845 is a reply to message #68827] Thu, 04 August 2011 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, We have them around here (Arizona) all the time. Some are quite good and some... Confused well best to stay clear of. Most are as you would expect are southwestern foods but some particularly in the larger population areas are as you found specialized in different nationalities.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Food Trucks [message #68890 is a reply to message #68827] Sun, 07 August 2011 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ebirah01 is currently offline  Ebirah01
Chancellor

There was a great food truck in Lhasa that I used to visit a few times a week when I lived there. They cooked various things on a stick, like green beans, hard boiled eggs, and potatoes (I'm a vegetarian, but they meat stuff, too) and they covered them with Tibetan (probably Nepalese) spices and fried them up for you on the spot. Yummy! It was cheap and hyper delicious!
Re: Food Trucks [message #68893 is a reply to message #68827] Sun, 07 August 2011 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Sounds great. One place that we have a lot of different food trucks is at fairs. You can get nearly anything at them. This is a good thing as we have several local and regional fairs each year. Seems to be about one a month. One thing I love nearly as much as music is great food. Razz

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Food Trucks [message #69045 is a reply to message #68827] Wed, 17 August 2011 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I am glad that I logged in today - I just re-read my own post and it reminded me that today is Food Truck Wednesday! I know where I'm going for lunch today!
Re: Food Trucks [message #69691 is a reply to message #69045] Tue, 04 October 2011 06:43 Go to previous message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I had the most awesome fries from a food truck at a festival this weekend! They were slightly spicy and also had a sesame flavor. There was also a delicious dipping sauce! Best. Fries. Ever!
Previous Topic: Red Bull Flugtag
Next Topic: Steve Jobs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:33:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout