Home » Audio » General » Phones as music players
Re: Phones as music players [message #69406 is a reply to message #69399] Thu, 08 September 2011 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I am about to try that with a phone I just got (Samsung EPIC 4G) lots of good audio apps for it. Now if I can just convince this PC that it doesn't have to have a disk inserted to function..... Confused

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Phones as music players [message #69410 is a reply to message #69406] Fri, 09 September 2011 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
The phone is really called "EPIC"? Wow. First time I heard about that Smile Good luck with that! Let us know how it fairs as a music player Smile
Re: Phones as music players [message #69425 is a reply to message #69410] Fri, 09 September 2011 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Yes that is what they call it. I'm still on the learning curve with it so it will be a little while on the music. Funny thing is that it is nearly obsolete now. Sprint is moving on to the next big thing. This one is part of the Galaxy S line. Like probably most smart phones it does everything but brush your teeth Very Happy

It even does phone calls - how novel.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Phones as music players [message #69438 is a reply to message #69425] Sat, 10 September 2011 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
Haha good luck with that! Phones pass by so quickly! Sometimes I wonder if it's still a good investment since there'll be a better model by next week O_O
Re: Phones as music players [message #69445 is a reply to message #69438] Sat, 10 September 2011 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, They are like new cars... obsolete before you drive off the lot. Sad Anyhow, I did try some MP3s. Fairly good. I used Sennheiser buds and the quality was acceptable. The phone is supposed to be able to do nearly any kind of music but all mine are in 320K MP3 and they work fine. It took a while to get the 300 songs on board, but it didn't seem to have any problems finding them and listing them. It ought to be pretty good as it has a 1Gig processor and 16G of available storage (8 gig more is reserved for the hardware and op sys. Now the big issue may be what is the battery life if you use it this way. My Sony MP3 player (8 Gig) can run for days without a recharge playing music.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Phones as music players [message #69456 is a reply to message #69445] Sun, 11 September 2011 13:58 Go to previous message
falloutgirl
Baron
Before I got my iPhone, I was using a Motorola Flip Out and I used it to listen to music too, the battery drained pretty quickly eek. It was really annoying since I had to charge every day and if I forget to charge it dies in the morning and I can't get any of my messages till I get home and some messages don't get to me at all O_O
Previous Topic: Computer Audio
Next Topic: Video Game Sound Design Jobs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 10:06:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout