Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The Davinci Code; Redux The Shocker
The Davinci Code; Redux The Shocker [message #6904] Mon, 29 May 2006 09:09 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; I had an hour yesterday so I sat on the deck in the sun and picked up the book; The Code. There has been so much debate over Dan Browns novel ever since it was published, in 2003, forget about the marriage of Christ , no question about this story has been more contentious than this: if a person of sound mind begins reading the book at 10:00 in the morning; at what time will he or she come to the realisation that this book is total crap? Absolute junk.
In my case about 10:06. This guy couldn't write a laundry list.
" Renowned curator Jaques Saunier' staggered througfh the vaulted archway of the museums Grand Gallery."
Sounds like the Hardy Boys.

Re: The Davinci Code; Redux The Shocker [message #6905 is a reply to message #6904] Mon, 29 May 2006 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

"Sounds like the Hardy Boys."

The book may have been poorly written; The plot, copied.

But what do you think of the movie? Or about the whole Jesus and Mary Magdalene thing?

Re: The Davinci Code; Redux The Shocker [message #6906 is a reply to message #6905] Mon, 29 May 2006 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Jesus, dying on the cross, asked one of his disciples to take care of Mary, his old mother. Mary Magdalene was there, but like one of his scholars and friends. Dying on the cross, he didn`t aproach to her like his "wife", nor he mentioned the "children", or asked someone to take care of them.
This fabrication is needed to its promoters to somehow "prove" that actually everything about Christian religion is "made-up".

I remember how Communist "teachers" told us (the school kids) the similar lies...that Jesus actually didn`t exist, and many more...from the same "factories"...we didn`t believe them the f...g thing...

Re: The Davinci Code; Redux The Shocker [message #6907 is a reply to message #6905] Mon, 29 May 2006 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; we kind of went over this ground down below. I wish I had more knowledge regarding this issue. In the larger sense I see this as a confirmation of the strength that the archetype of human culture has over our perception of reality.
Lets say from my position which is basically one of a simplistic understanding of the underlying story that informs this myth; there is an intrinsic meaning to the need for Christ to be borne of a virgin.

If those of the faith are confronted by absolute proof that this was in fact a truth and the existing story wrong; how would that change the ultimate meaning of Christs sacrifice on the cross and the concept of redemption which to my mind is the one posit that seperates the Christian from the rest of the worlds religions?
In other words why can't Jesus be a man? Why does he have to be this creature of myth in order to convey legitimacy on his philosophy. If the humanisation of mankind begins with the rise of the major religions why does that story have to be supernatural?
Because that way the organisation can adopt a mandate of superiority and thereby run the show. If they have the secrets then they own the right to control.
I thnk so day there will be a way to validate a lot of what passes for truth in the mythology of the

Re: The Davinci Code; Redux The Shocker [message #6908 is a reply to message #6906] Mon, 29 May 2006 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You know here the fundamentalist sects believe every word of the Bible is the accurate truth. No metaphor allowed. What do you think about that?
How do you reconcile the contradictions?

Re: The Davinci Code; Redux The Shocker [message #6909 is a reply to message #6908] Mon, 29 May 2006 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
You know, I`m not not really interested about sects, fundamentalists, contradictions, this cheap book and blablah about it.
IMO - it`s much more important how someone "implements" Christian beliefs in everydays life...

Re: The Davinci Code; Redux The Shocker [message #6910 is a reply to message #6907] Tue, 30 May 2006 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think it's cool to think about things like that too.

Re: The Davinci Code; Redux The Shocker [message #6911 is a reply to message #6906] Tue, 30 May 2006 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like knowing all I can know, to explore these things as much as possible. It is very interesting to me. I know what the Communists did to malign the Church, and some of the tactics it used to coerce the population. Some of those same things are happening here in America right now.

Re: The Davinci Code; Redux The Shocker [message #6912 is a reply to message #6909] Tue, 30 May 2006 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I agree with you, Damir. One of the most important things one can learn is how to implement spiritual truths and apply them to one's life.

Re: The Davinci Code; Redux The Shocker [message #6913 is a reply to message #6912] Tue, 30 May 2006 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I agree; so you guys don't practice any one particular faith then?

Previous Topic: Master & Commander
Next Topic: Say Guys; Can we put a little meat on these bones?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 16:59:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio