Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Counterpoint SA-7 Schematic Needed
Counterpoint SA-7 Schematic Needed [message #9608] Fri, 24 March 2006 18:05 Go to next message
fxbill is currently offline  fxbill
Esquire
Hi,
I have a channel out in my phono section and some problems with the line/source selector in my Counterpoint SA 7 preamp. I've been looking desperately for a schematic for it and have come up with nothing as of yet.
Does anyone know where I might find one?
Thanks for any help anyone might offer.
Regards,
Bill

Re: Counterpoint SA-7 Schematic Needed [message #9609 is a reply to message #9608] Fri, 24 March 2006 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Hi Bill,

I did a Google search on the web and came up with zero on a free schematic for you.

The only source that I found that carried your schematic is at Alta Vista audio, the designer of Counterpoint.

After seeing what he wants for one of his product sevice manuals, that include the schematic. I can see why you are searching the web.

Possibly you could find a competent technician to repair your unit for close to the price of a service manual.

Here is the link if you are interested in buying one of his manuals.

I wish I could help!

Good luck

Norris Wilson

Re: Counterpoint SA-7 Schematic Needed [message #9610 is a reply to message #9609] Fri, 24 March 2006 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks Norris,
I did find his website.....as well as his outrageous prices for a single sheet of paper... I'd drop this in the trash before spending $75 for a copy of the schematic.
I can break out the scope and signal injector if I have to.... It's just a lot easier with a print in front of you and I was hoping out of a forum this large that someone might just have one that I could get a copy of.
I appreciate your reply!
Regards,
Bill

Re: Counterpoint SA-7 Schematic Needed [message #9682 is a reply to message #9610] Sat, 27 May 2006 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
george a ellis jr is currently offline  george a ellis jr
Esquire
i have a copy of the sa-7 schematic if you still need it .

Re: Counterpoint SA-7 Schematic Needed [message #9683 is a reply to message #9682] Sat, 27 May 2006 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Hi,
Thanks very much....I can still use it! My email is fxbill@comcast.net You can contact me there directly.
Kind Regards,
Bill

Re: Counterpoint SA-7 Schematic Needed [message #9843 is a reply to message #9682] Mon, 16 October 2006 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Hi George,
Thanks very much.... I was able to find one, but I really appreciate the offer!
Kind Regards,
Bill

Re: Counterpoint SA-7 Schematic Needed [message #67116 is a reply to message #9843] Tue, 19 April 2011 17:08 Go to previous message
frankw9710 is currently offline  frankw9710
Esquire
As I recently bought this amp, I would be very happy if another owner of this preamp would be so kind to share whatever info he has about this amp. The schematic of it would help a lot.
The former owner of it "modified" a lot and I'm afraid it wasn't an improvement on the original design. Therefore I would like to bring it in the original status to judge what it was meant to sound like.

It would be great if anyone could help me. Hope George's offer is still valid.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Frank

FW
Previous Topic: Microphonics
Next Topic: New To This Forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:36:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio