Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Blockbuster prices in store :(
Blockbuster prices in store :( [message #65084] Wed, 01 December 2010 17:54 Go to next message
Hoptoit is currently offline  Hoptoit
Baron
We went to rent movies from Blockbuster on Sunday. I could not believe it when they rang them up. New movies are now $3.99 - sure they rent them to you for 3 nights but it cost $4.21 for 1 movie. I was shocked and told them so.

I highly doubt I will be renting from them anymore. It's no wonder they are having major financial problems as a company.
Re: Blockbuster prices in store :( [message #65086 is a reply to message #65084] Wed, 01 December 2010 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yeah, they are a little pricey in my opinion too.

Re: Blockbuster prices in store :( [message #65091 is a reply to message #65084] Wed, 01 December 2010 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hoptoit is currently offline  Hoptoit
Baron
I just cannot figure out why they keep changing their prices and their rules. When Blockbuster first came to my town (about 2 years ago) they were .99 cent rentals. There were also no late fees up to 1 week. I could see where this would cause problems for Blockbuster.
They went up to $1.99 a rental and you were charged .99 cents for each extra day. If you kept the movie for more than 7 days you were charged the full price of the DVD.
Now they are $3.99 and it's an automatic 3 night rental. I don't know how many days you can keep it before they charge you, but its crazy.

I've never seen a rental company change their policies and prices so much! I am going to use redbox from now on. .99 cents a night.
Re: Blockbuster prices in store :( [message #65153 is a reply to message #65084] Fri, 03 December 2010 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rap14 is currently offline  Rap14
Baron
We went to rent a Wii game tonight and the price was $9 - I was shocked... it was for a 5 day rental, and our store also has the $3.99 rentals for movies. They are just trying to lose customers! I won't shop there anymore.

Bee Bop Bee Bop!
Re: Blockbuster prices in store :( [message #65157 is a reply to message #65084] Fri, 03 December 2010 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You can buy practically any DVD for less than that. I have a huge collection that I racked up for about 1.50 each with the rare new movie bought every once in a while.

Re: Blockbuster prices in store :( [message #65175 is a reply to message #65084] Mon, 06 December 2010 07:41 Go to previous message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
With competition of cable companies offering movies over a phone line at about the same price, I don't see how Blockbuster can stay in business without some kind of new product offering. It's probably been about 2 years since I last visited a Blockbuster store. Also, one of their competitors, Hollywood Video has closed down their operation locally, don't know about nationally.

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Previous Topic: Redbox rentals
Next Topic: Do you use Pay-Per-View, HBO, etc?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 00:03:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio