Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Not that into music
Not that into music [message #65067] Wed, 01 December 2010 11:05 Go to next message
voidswife
Esquire
It seems it's a rather popular thing to say that one LOVES music. Do you know any people (or are this person yourself) who like music, but aren't obsessive about or addicted to it?
Re: Not that into music [message #65124 is a reply to message #65067] Thu, 02 December 2010 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rap14 is currently offline  Rap14
Baron
I know a lot of people who are not obsessed with music. They like music but that's it. I have friends who don't even have an iPod or mp3 player - if you can imagine that!

Bee Bop Bee Bop!
Re: Not that into music [message #65136 is a reply to message #65124] Fri, 03 December 2010 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
My husband is a bit like that. He rarely seeks out music. However, he likes it when he hears it, generally, and actually has a broader taste in music than I do.
Re: Not that into music [message #65148 is a reply to message #65067] Fri, 03 December 2010 13:48 Go to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think it deals with perception of notes. I never noticed any two notes sounded alike until I really started practicing. That tonality that is in every note is the elephant in the room. People that don't pick it up at all have a hard time appreciating music and those that pick it easily frequently do. There is a third type, which defines how how I hear. It's the person that hears the notes properly but the timbre of the sound dominates the sound of the notes. I think if you can't perceive timbre or tonality well you're not getting the whole picture and the effect is diminished.

Previous Topic: Movie soundtrack
Next Topic: Redbox rentals
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 01:56:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout