Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd [message #64442] Fri, 22 October 2010 14:37 Go to next message
Bohnam is currently offline  Bohnam
Chancellor
You can't talk about audio without bringing up those guys. Back in their hey day we all know that sonically, Floyd was ahead of their time. But even to this day, 30 years later, can you think of anyone who is on their level?

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Pink Floyd [message #64449 is a reply to message #64442] Fri, 22 October 2010 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I gotta be honest. I listen to a ton of prog and hard rock an they never did anything for me. I am amazed at how overrated they are.

Re: Pink Floyd [message #64607 is a reply to message #64442] Sat, 06 November 2010 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
I will always remember them for 'There is a House in New Orleans' which is a rock classic. Now that you have reminded me, I will have to get the MP3 version of that hit and add it to my collection.

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Re: Pink Floyd [message #64762 is a reply to message #64442] Fri, 19 November 2010 02:06 Go to previous message
Scots Rich is currently offline  Scots Rich
Chancellor
Pink Floyd were certainly the most experimental in their day - they had fun jamming together in the real spirit of experimentation. My favourite Floyd album has to be "Ummagumma" (live) - what's yours ?

Rich
Previous Topic: Silent movies and their music
Next Topic: Just for fun : favorite?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 14:26:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers