Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Star Wars Music
Star Wars Music [message #64390] Wed, 20 October 2010 03:33 Go to next message
jazzlover is currently offline  jazzlover
Baron
I can't get enough of the Star Wars series. It's the music is fantastic. I can see that I'm not alone who's enamored of this music. Or why would they be selling the original soundtracks in Amazon?
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Episode-IV-Soundtrack/dp/B0002YCVIS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1287563015&sr=1-1

I still have to buy my own copy of the soundtracks (audio only). But I already see myself listening to the soundtracks in my audio room soon. Amazing that orchestras -- which we usually associate with 50s, 60s or 70s music -- would play a big role in the success of a high tech film such as Star Wars.
Re: Star Wars Music [message #64392 is a reply to message #64390] Wed, 20 October 2010 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigMacAndCheese is currently offline  BigMacAndCheese
Baron
Great link, thanks for that. You are so right that this is still popular. But then again the movie series is iconic so it makes sense. Here's another link you may like, it's all about Star War's sounds.
Re: Star Wars Music [message #64399 is a reply to message #64392] Wed, 20 October 2010 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I liked the Star Wars soundtrack too. Funny, normally, when I think of Star Wars, I think of the intro score. But one of my son's video games plays the song that is in the background when the Empire ships are approaching, a more ominous track. He walks around the house humming that tune, so now that's what is stuck in my head! Laughing

Re: Star Wars Music [message #64414 is a reply to message #64390] Thu, 21 October 2010 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Haha! Now I am really absolutely sure I'm not alone. Star Wars is something for both father and son. I even dream of one day wearing a Darth Vader suit in a costume party.

Are you familiar with Steve Pavlina? You can Google his name. This guy's a Star Wars freak too Smile
Re: Star Wars Music [message #64429 is a reply to message #64390] Fri, 22 October 2010 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigMacAndCheese is currently offline  BigMacAndCheese
Baron
I know of Steve Pavlina because he is a Trekkie. I didn't realise he is into Star Wars too, but I found an article about how he relates that to polarisation in people. He is one person I would love to have a beer with.
Re: Star Wars Music [message #64487 is a reply to message #64429] Mon, 25 October 2010 10:44 Go to previous message
Baron
It's great to know that you're familiar with Steve Pavlina too Smile Someone has mentioned him to me regarding self-development. I like his own story. His fascination with Star Wars is a bonus.

Let's invite him to a round of beer one of these days Smile
Previous Topic: Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010
Next Topic: Bucket List
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 27 05:48:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers