Home » Audio » General » where's all the new music?
where's all the new music? [message #638] Tue, 13 July 2004 18:51 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Anyone hear anything new lately? BTW, my copy of the White Album remaster from Toshiba finally arrived from Red Trumpett, they tried to weasel out of sending it but after busting chops for three days they relented and sent me a copy. At last Pauls bass appears! What a great sound. I have never heard the harmonies clearly before, what a revelation, the Vinyl is clear as an unmuddied lake.

Re: where's all the new music? [message #640 is a reply to message #638] Tue, 13 July 2004 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Along about 1997, I really liked some of the new music coming out. It seemed to me like some of the 70's rock that I liked. But I think that phase has come and gone 'cause what's popular these days isn't really my favorite.

Re: where's all the new music? [message #654 is a reply to message #640] Sat, 17 July 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey Wayne

What sort of music do you like listening too?

I like dance and hip-hop music (it isnt a sin to play that on horns, ;), but I like a variety of other music depending on what mood I'm in. Sometimes I hear a song which really catches me even if its not in a genre I listen to much. Sometimes its hard to find good music though because theres also a lot of crap out there :P Wont mention any names though! in case the backstreet boys or sean paul happen to read this forum... opps, I think I just mentioned some, haha.

Adrian

Re: where's all the new music? [message #657 is a reply to message #654] Sun, 18 July 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Adrian,

Here's a list of some of the stuff I like to listen to.

Wayne

new music? lot of it sounds like this: [message #659 is a reply to message #638] Sun, 18 July 2004 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
metasonix is currently offline  metasonix
Viscount
http://www.notbreathing.com/kingoftheroad.mp3

Not New, but New to Me [message #665 is a reply to message #638] Mon, 19 July 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
While there are no shortage of new material out there, I tend to grow my collection by discovering new-to-me artists. I know how you feel about all the "girls" that we tend to talk about, so I'll stick to the male side. The two that I've really enjoyed getting to know this summer has been Lyle Lovett and Willy Nelson.

One CD that I highly recommend is the Willy Nelson/Johnny Cash VH-1 Storyteller. Two man, two guitars, and some incredible presentation of some old favorites.

Gar.

Re: where's all the new music? [message #682 is a reply to message #640] Wed, 28 July 2004 06:25 Go to previous message
Yury is currently offline  Yury
Baron

absolutely agree. 70's - the best music time for me too.
now - I'm shocking, when my son flicked music up!
what they play?! ok. my mum sayed the same :(

Previous Topic: PayPal Class Action Settlement
Next Topic: Kiev Hi-Fi show
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 15:12:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers