Home » Audio » General » Ceramic Speaker Housing
Ceramic Speaker Housing [message #63798] Tue, 10 August 2010 18:55 Go to next message
Songs4Life is currently offline  Songs4Life
Baron
A friend told me once that he had installed a bass speaker into an unused ceramic kitchen sink. He said the sound quality was very good. Has anyone ever tried this before?
Re: Ceramic Speaker Housing [message #63828 is a reply to message #63798] Wed, 11 August 2010 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frontrowticket is currently offline  Frontrowticket
Chancellor
I can imagine the sound would be excellent but why create such an unaesthetically pleasing object when you can get a nice pair from Joey Roth? Seriously now!
Re: Ceramic Speaker Housing [message #63829 is a reply to message #63828] Wed, 11 August 2010 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Songs4Life is currently offline  Songs4Life
Baron
It was all done for the fun of it. And it doesn't have to look bad. The whole thing can be housed in a normal speaker enclosure.

At one point, we were planning to put a sub-woofer into an aboriginal drum which was carved out of a tree trunk. Only problem was finding said aboriginal drum for a reasonable price. With no seams or joints, I can imagine how it would have sounded like.
Re: Ceramic Speaker Housing [message #64091 is a reply to message #63829] Thu, 23 September 2010 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
capbuster is currently offline  capbuster
Baron
They use too make alot of old horn speakers with ceramic . Put them in nice cases sounded great. Just my two cents worth.
Re: Ceramic Speaker Housing [message #64095 is a reply to message #63798] Thu, 23 September 2010 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forceblack is currently offline  Forceblack
Esquire
Well I cannot say I've ever tried it before, it gives me some ideas though. For some reason I think it should be featured in a NIN video. Razz
Re: Ceramic Speaker Housing [message #64196 is a reply to message #63798] Tue, 05 October 2010 11:17 Go to previous message
Bohnam is currently offline  Bohnam
Chancellor
I'm sure someone could make a market out of this if they knew how to make ceramic casings for speakers. If the sound quality is really that good, then people will pay for it if it looks nice also.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Previous Topic: New Pic site
Next Topic: Who's listening to ART Radio?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 05:30:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio