Home » Audio » General » Love me love my audio fetish!
Love me love my audio fetish! [message #63722] Fri, 06 August 2010 09:36 Go to next message
Taylor-Sue is currently offline  Taylor-Sue
Chancellor
Hi folks, I am here to educate myself as my hubby is a self confessed audio junkie! He is always fiddling with something and I thought it would be good to get some insight! If you can't beat em, join em!
Re: Love me love my audio fetish! [message #63742 is a reply to message #63722] Sat, 07 August 2010 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Songs4Life is currently offline  Songs4Life
Baron
That's the spirit. If all else fail you can still knit him a nice cover for his speakers. The way to a man's heart is through the things he loves, even though he may seem to love them more than you.
Re: Love me love my audio fetish! [message #63756 is a reply to message #63742] Mon, 09 August 2010 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Taylor-Sue is currently offline  Taylor-Sue
Chancellor
Hahahaha that comment was too funny. I probably shouldn't read this while drinking coffee as I just found a new project for hubby - cleaning my PC screen Very Happy . Now, where is my knitting bag.....
Re: Love me love my audio fetish! [message #63757 is a reply to message #63756] Mon, 09 August 2010 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigMacAndCheese is currently offline  BigMacAndCheese
Baron
Hmmm, I'd quite like some hand knit speaker covers Laughing . My ex-wife is not as understanding as you Taylor-Sue, I respect your attitude. I am hoping to meet a woman with the same interests as me next time round as I think it will make life easier.
Re: Love me love my audio fetish! [message #63775 is a reply to message #63757] Mon, 09 August 2010 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
BigMacAndCheese wrote on Mon, 09 August 2010 12:32
Hmmm, I'd quite like some hand knit speaker covers Laughing . My ex-wife is not as understanding as you Taylor-Sue, I respect your attitude. I am hoping to meet a woman with the same interests as me next time round as I think it will make life easier.

Here are some random suggestions:

1. Find a new wife who can knit. Hint: Hanging around shops which sell knitting accessories can be fruitful.

2. Find a new wife who loves sound equipment. Hint: Hanging around shops which sell sound equipment can be fruitful.

3. Find a new wife who loves sound equipment and loves to knit, too. Hint: Hanging around shops which sell sound equipment and knitting accessories can be fruitful. Alternatively, hang around the fruit shop which is between the shop selling sound equipment and the shop selling knitting accessories. This can get you some fruits, at least. Or a new wife who sells fruits.

Hope that is useful.

Footnote:
Remember to do your hanging around without any rope attached. Ropes can become fatal attachments.
Re: Love me love my audio fetish! [message #63777 is a reply to message #63775] Tue, 10 August 2010 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old Timer is currently offline  Old Timer
Chancellor
Reading this makes me nostalgic for the old days when men had their 'hobbies' and women had no interest in whatever they were up to! My husband was interested in trains and spent many hours in the basement doing whatever men do. It never occured to me to fret over it.
Re: Love me love my audio fetish! [message #63792 is a reply to message #63777] Tue, 10 August 2010 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Times have changed, my friend, times have changed. Used to be when girls wait to be courted, too. Now it's the other way round. Only thing that hasn't changed yet is that girls get pregnant and boys don't.

Back to topic:
Personally, I do not think it's such a good idea to have both husband and wife sharing exactly the same hobbies. Variety is the spice of life, they say. I am not even sure that the man of the house would like his little woman messing around with his precious model trains or fine-tuned EQ, as the case might be.
Re: Love me love my audio fetish! [message #63805 is a reply to message #63722] Tue, 10 August 2010 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yeah. I've run that scenario in my head a million times.

"It's me or the stereo"

then I guess you'll be leaving?

Re: Love me love my audio fetish! [message #63812 is a reply to message #63805] Tue, 10 August 2010 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
This may sound horrible but if I am forced to choose between a woman and my hobby, I wouldn't have to think twice about it. Unless womanising is my hobby and it isn't.

Let's face the naked truth. When two persons join their lives together, in matrimony or otherwise, the union must be based on mutual respect. Don't expect, or worse still, force the other person to be a clone of you. So what if my passion is surfing the net and my little woman gets her high from surfing the malls. At the very least, we would have different things to tell each other about.
Re: Love me love my audio fetish! [message #63815 is a reply to message #63722] Wed, 11 August 2010 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Soundbuzz is currently offline  Soundbuzz
Chancellor

Humm I like having the same hobbies as my significant other as I'm not really a people-person. I'm a homebody, don't like shopping, crowds, well, I don't like a lot of things that involves being around massive crowds of people. I don't like having to deal with people either. I don't know why lol. I'm jut a natural introvert. I love nature and music and I'm so glad I found somebody who loves doing the things I do!

Yeah variety is always good, but I like having variety in the things I'm interested in. I don't really want to have to hear his updates on football matches he's betting on and I bet men wouldn't want to hear about what colour shoes matches which dress if they had a choice.

I guess it's up to what the individual wants in a relationship. I certainly wouldn't want to force myself into liking something I know there's no way in hell I'd be interested in. I'd TRY, but as soon as I get a bad vibe, I'm letting it go, like it or not.

The lunatics are in the hall.
Previous Topic: Best books about Audio
Next Topic: Computer Audio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 00:04:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers